John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 08:51:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: John and Meg Vacation in Maui  (Read 42766 times)
Rhonda2
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2011, 01:33:04 am »

marylib, I don't wanna shock you too much but there are plenty of pictures of them in Hawaii where he had his arm around her, holding her hand etc. etc.

But hey, if you wanna think he's unhappily in love based on two seconds of pix, go right ahead.  Grin
marilynb
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2011, 05:46:26 am »

No Rhonda I don't base any of what you said on just 2 pictures.  If you do a google search on him and Meg you will find a lot more on the internet then what you see here in the forum.  Its a known fact that John has a wrecked past when it comes to women.  And thats all there is.  Its right there in front of all eyes.  Why all the rationalization for a justification for that kind of living?
Like I said I trudged down that same road (and countless of others, I used to be a codependency counselor)  Until John takes time out for John and clean house, then he can have a healthy happy relationship/marriage.  Otherwise he keeps on doing what he is doing over and over again expecting different results, he won't know what true happiness is in being with another person.
Codependency does not work. It knows no boundaries.  Its no respector of people, places or things.
Like one limelight person told me (no names mentioned due to anonimity) men running thru women or women running thru men in the limelight life is like a disease run rampant.

keep the faith / peace & love

God grant me the serenity to accept the things that I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference
dusty947
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2011, 07:38:39 am »

Sorry wrong thread.  I was referring to the pictures that were recently posted from NYC.
No wonder there is confusion.
Rhonda2
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2011, 10:27:35 am »

OMG, marilynb, I would so love for you to stop comparing your own life to Johns. Sorry, but you make no sense to me at all.  I can tell you are disappointed his marriage to Elaine failed - for reasons unknown to any of us, yes also to you! - but he has clearly moved on and is not looking back. No need to keep on preaching on and on about how he is according to you on the road to disaster and how your life has been totally like his or whatever. 
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 10:37:25 am by Rhonda2 » Logged
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2011, 10:55:17 am »

I see these pictures. #1 John has both hands on bar of plane with a "thrilled" look?" #2 Is that John reaching out to shake hands with a man? #3 picture looks like John still has both hands on bar of plane #4 oh oh its the private jet, could it be that maybe John could be making the great escape?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Honestly Smiley in all due respect . I think your bias is more towards Meg Ryan than John's "Issues" you think he has. . As are a few others here. If he was dating a 65 yr old Christian woman from South Bend, IN not a well known actress it might be a different story.@  
Both John and his Ex and have moved on to put it mildly.
As he did from his 2 other ex wife's. Sorry, I don't get the negativity.

If you look at those pictures in chronological order, he is grabbing her hand.  

Cool. They are both wearing black t's and jeans as well under their coats. haha
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 11:34:23 am by Mellenfan71 » Logged
marilynb
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2011, 11:59:54 am »

You answered your own question mellenfan 2 ex wives now a 3rd one and only John knows the "inbetweens."  No even if there was any other kind of person involved it wouldn't be a differrent story.  It's one thing to move on pysically, its another emotionally. Repeating the same pattern over and over again is not moving on.  Its what is called being "stuck."  And don't think that John doesn't ask himself "why?'  I am a fan of Johns, however, I have to remember that he is only human and not an icon.  Legends are only made up in ones own mind.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things that I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference
marilynb
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2011, 12:46:24 pm »

OMG, marilynb, I would so love for you to stop comparing your own life to Johns. Sorry, but you make no sense to me at all.  I can tell you are disappointed his marriage to Elaine failed - for reasons unknown to any of us, yes also to you! - but he has clearly moved on and is not looking back. No need to keep on preaching on and on about how he is according to you on the road to disaster and how your life has been totally like his or whatever.  
No rhonda Im not comparing myself to John, however, I just tell it like it is.  I have done so many google searches, seen lots of different pictures, listened and read some of Johns interviews, and what gets me is reading the posts that people have made in such places.  In the posts I find people patronizing him and litterally being very insulting.  But not one time  have I read a person have the courage to come forward and say "hey John, look at whats happening." and also take the risk of caring enough to reaching out and sharing their own story.  Does anybody else?
And as for John being a believer of Jesus Christ Superstar, yes he is.  If you look very closely at his concert videos, there is a figurine statue in front of the drums.  When you see it, you will see who that figurine statue is.  And also another member did mention in a reply to one of my posts that John is a believer.
Am I disappointed that John and Elaines marriage didn't work out?  Yes.  Because for once I thoght in Johns life he may of broke that pattern of his but evidently not, not yet anyways.
But like I mentioned earlier when I was a codependency counselor, I have counseled limelight people, and one which I counseled said that its not unusual for so many breakups, divorces and relationship run throughs with people who are in the limelight.  They said its like its become the lifestyle, and its the norm.  They called it "The love disease run rampant."  If you look at the word disease and seperate it it looks like this "dis-ease." To me that is very sad.  But after all we do live in a disposable society don't we?  Like I said I am reaching out to John.  And I knew that when I started doing this in the beginning I would get a lot lof feedback, but its not anything different that I haven't been thru before.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 12:50:22 pm by marilynb » Logged

dusty947
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2011, 12:52:09 pm »

Let us all just realize she will keep preaching.  People like her will just keep repeating herself no matter what we say especially when we do not agree with her.  We all have our opinions but she is one that thinks we all should think like her and if we don't, she will keep on preaching.  Just like John sings........."I don't need no Preacher around"........ They are his words in a song..... it doesn't matter what song... Artists words are all tied together no matter what song they are singing.  I agree with many of you............ Marilynb Quit comparing your life to John's.  Some us don't care if it's physical or emotional what you tend to think he is dealing with.  It's his life and you can't Save Him.  There is only one that can and he was hung on the cross.  It's like in a bar.......Don't talk Politics or Religion.  There is no way there will ever be a way for everyone to agree to disagree on these 2 issues.  So don't try. At this point I am finished reading MarilynB's posts.  They are getting very annoying.
There is nothing worse than when someone thinks that they know someone's else's life more than the person themselves.  How can you?  You may have walked in his shoes theoratically but you are not John.  Past experiences may be similar but they are not exactly the same.  John has been the same John since the day I became ONE of his number one fans.  That was in 1974....... He has not changed.  How many years ago was that?  Pray for him all you want but don't think we all have to think like you do.  Because we don't and won't.  Talk about repeating the same pattern over and over again..... You do on your threads.  It's somewhat contridicting.  I really think you have not moved on because if you did, you wouldn't dwell on it as much as you do to an ICON such as JM.  Legends are not only made up in ones own minds.  People make other people their Legends. John is am American Icon Legend in my mind.  Please let him live his own life.  Thanks for listening.  I feel much better.
marilynb
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2011, 01:28:41 pm »

The words from John's song "If I Die Sudden" were about his uncle as one poster replied to one of my posts.  Johns uncle was an athiest.  However, there is one thing you are correct on.  You said you have been following John since 1974 and he hasn't changed in the area of women.  What is wrong with him taking time out for himself to have a relationship with himself and his Higer Power?  And look back and see mistakes that he has made so he doesn't have to repeat them again if he doesn't want to? 
As far as saving him? No.  There is a difference of reaching out and saving him.  John don't need to be saved.  He has been a believer before he became well known.
And as far as fame?  Welp fame is fleeting.  And to put him on a pedestal.  Remember Johns human, he will fall off that pedestal.  And you say to stop comparing my life with Johns, that you don't care if its physical or emotional what he may be dealing with?  Lord have mercy, this is a man with feelings not something you just make up to idol worship.
And like I said I knew that I would get a lot of different type of feedback when I started reaching out to John, cuz I know he comes in here and reads, My prayer partners and I are not praying for you or anyone else, but for John. 

WildNight
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2011, 11:27:03 pm »

Wow this a fan page, who cares about anything but John making music. Whatever leads him into the direction of creating more music, I'm for that. Its a complete waste of time analyzing someone else's life.

Changing the subject to music (you know what John does best) what do people think of the farm aid performances that they post on this site. I think hes trying way to hard to make his voice sounds gritty, it sounds real real bad. Just my opinion, because I really like his voice and the way it sounds on his newest album but now its like hes going way to far with it.

Please post your opinions, I am really curious to know what Mellenheads think?
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2011, 11:47:25 pm »

I think hes trying way to hard to make his voice sounds gritty, it sounds real real bad.

Don't think he has to try. It's years of smoking. I like it, but I can see why some would not.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 08:55:11 am by Mellenfan71 » Logged
marilynb
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2011, 02:00:04 am »

Theres a difference between reaching out to someone and analyzing.  And to only care about what John can do and not care that he is a person?  Thats sad.  Johns a good man.  He deserves better than that.  After all he is a human being not a human doin

« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 03:21:08 am by marilynb » Logged

jakesmom204
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2011, 09:14:33 am »

I think hes trying way to hard to make his voice sounds gritty, it sounds real real bad.

Don't think he has to try. It's years of smoking. I like it, but I can see why some would not.

I love John's voice, but I do agree that he was trying too hard on Walk Tall, actually ruining the song.  His words are so important to me and he made them impossible to understand to anyone who didn't already know them. I don't want to end up thinking of him like Bob Dylan, love the man's work, but couldn't understand a damn word he said.
sheilafarmer
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2011, 12:57:48 pm »

Totally agree about Bob Dylan, I saw him when he was on the road with John and Willie. I could not understand a single word he was saying. Its too bad. But I still like "Walk Tall" that performance stayed with me and I can still hear it.
sheilafarmer
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2011, 12:59:46 pm »

Theres a difference between reaching out to someone and analyzing.  And to only care about what John can do and not care that he is a person?  Thats sad.  Johns a good man.  He deserves better than that.  After all he is a human being not a human doin

Total agree with you marilynb
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: