John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 04:45:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: John picks fan from audience to sing Pink Houses  (Read 18583 times)
SPURS2011
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: September 19, 2011, 03:27:04 pm »

I'm trying to find a video where John Mellencamp is singing Pink Houses to a small audience and asks a fan to come up and sing it with him. I swear he outdid John on singing the song. I believe the video came out on VH1 in the mid 90's. If anyone saw this video would say it's a classic.
SPURS2011

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 05:16:19 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXz0p5kfOEk
mitch1982
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 05:34:40 pm »

Genuine enthusiasm, a good voice, ....priceless.  Thanks so much for sharing made my day, I can't stop smiling.  Never saw this one when it aired but boy it's a keeper.  Rivals Michele in NYC this past fall on tour when she did ROCK in the USA.
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 06:54:12 am »

The guys name is Dirk. He was an active member of forums like this one back in the late 90's. John let us at the website and fan club get his most dedicated fans into the taping. John plucked Dirk out of the front few rows to join him and he did do an excellent job.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
mitch1982
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 09:26:06 pm »

Thanks for the background Tony.  Nice of John to extend the opportunity to those who have been with him so long and Dirk did him proud!!
combatmedicvet

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 04:50:34 pm »

Please does anyone have this video ...as it is no longer on youtube. why would anyone even pull this video?
combatmedicvet

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2018, 08:37:16 am »

Hello everyone,
My apologies reviveing this old thread ...
I posted a request years ago hoping someone had a link of Dirk singing pink houses on stage with John. “VH1 Mid 90’s” It was on Myspace , years ago.

Dirk nailed it and it put a smile on my face . I would love to see it again.

I hope someone can help me out

DocM
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 08:40:01 am by combatmedicvet » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: