John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 08:31:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Walter Reed/Stevie Nicks Concert  (Read 7127 times)
dolly23
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2011, 09:15:47 am »

Saw Stevie Nicks last night here in NY @ Jones Beach, she sang a song on her new album,
called Soldiers Angel....it was about her visit to Walter Reed Hospital and how it changed her.
Reading in the local hometown paper yesterday, I saw that she donated proceeds from the song to soldiers.  She stated in the show to support our boys through the USO and the Wounded Warrior Project....could not help thinking of John and the bands visit to Walter Reed.
A lot of such good people are involved in Rock and Roll and do such wonderful things for others.  9/11 will be here once again, support our boys in any way you can, all through out the year.

John....on a  personal note....miss seeing you at Jones Beach!

cherrybomb47850
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 02:40:37 pm »

I enjoyed your post.  I don't think that enough credit is given to artists that donate time and money to help others.  The Stevie Nicks song is an excellent example of that.  Farm Aid is another excellent example of artists coming together, donating time, money and other resources to help individuals in need.  We should be thankful for all that they do Smiley

John T.

Save Some Time To Dream
John R. Turner
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: