John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 08:00:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: sour grapes, sorry!  (Read 7590 times)
fidge154
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2011, 01:07:11 am »

Undecided sorry about this, never posted on a website like this, tried to get tickets to the knoxville show so i could take my two children for there first "rock-n-roll" concert and i could not believe the prices. been elsewhere looking and it will cost me a blue-fortune to go, not counting refreshments, gas, t-shirts,etc.... i love mellencamp, my wife and i have seen him 3 seperate times here in Tennessee, but it's a shame a working man can't take his family to a show that we were all intially excited about. i will still try, maybe look for someone who has bought 'em and can't go or something like that and i am sure he has little or no control of the prices, but i can put gas in my car to get to work  and feed my family for quite sometime on what it would cost me to have seats that my kids could actually see the show from. way over 1,000 dollars by the time it's said and done, that's not the Mellencamp i grew up with.
It's just a damn shame!
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 07:03:42 am »

Undecided sorry about this, never posted on a website like this, tried to get tickets to the knoxville show so i could take my two children for there first "rock-n-roll" concert and i could not believe the prices. been elsewhere looking and it will cost me a blue-fortune to go, not counting refreshments, gas, t-shirts,etc.... i love mellencamp, my wife and i have seen him 3 seperate times here in Tennessee, but it's a shame a working man can't take his family to a show that we were all intially excited about. i will still try, maybe look for someone who has bought 'em and can't go or something like that and i am sure he has little or no control of the prices, but i can put gas in my car to get to work  and feed my family for quite sometime on what it would cost me to have seats that my kids could actually see the show from. way over 1,000 dollars by the time it's said and done, that's not the Mellencamp i grew up with.
It's just a damn shame!

I understand your feedback. John has decided to tour theaters this time around which has resulted in a higher ticket price than if he was in arenas. I am sure you will have another opportunity to see John in a larger venue at a price that is more friendly to you.

I think the theater would want me to point out that with the smaller size of these theaters, compared to say an arena concert, that even the worst tickets are still pretty darn good and fairly close to the stage. No not close enough to see every facial expression, but plenty close to enjoy the performance. While it's a very pretty show with the backdrop and lighting I would not describe it as an overly visual show.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
jamiebeets
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 11:02:39 am »

I've seen John three times in Tennessee (soon to be 4). The closest I ever got was in Johnson City, and even got picked by John to sing on stage with him. Other than that, the other two shows, I was much farther away from the stage than what you would be if you bought the worst seats in Knoxville Auditorium. I would strongly urge you to reconsider. 40 bucks isn't a lot to pay for concert seats in today's world. I am in the balcony myself for that show and am pumped because there isn't a bad seat in there. You could buy balcony seats and not come anywhere near dropping a thousand bucks. Good luck, hope you make the show.
mitch1982
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 08:54:32 pm »

It's just a damn shame!

I understand your feedback. John has decided to tour theaters this time around which has resulted in a higher ticket price than if he was in arenas. I am sure you will have another opportunity to see John in a larger venue at a price that is more friendly to you.

I think the theater would want me to point out that with the smaller size of these theaters, compared to say an arena concert, that even the worst tickets are still pretty darn good and fairly close to the stage. No not close enough to see every facial expression, but plenty close to enjoy the performance. While it's a very pretty show with the backdrop and lighting I would not describe it as an overly visual show.

I must add that having seen this show a number of times from different vantage points ranging from front rows to the second last row the experience of these small theaters can't be beat.  The sound was amazing at all, the lighting and backdrop add wonderful visuals and in such small venues you really get an intimate experience.  I'm not sure what the lowest Knoxville tickets are going for but I would take this tour in its theaters over an arena for the $60ish price tag any day! If the lower price tickets are in your budget you and your wife should at least try and go, you won't be disappointed.
Heartlandrocker
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 05:14:41 am »

Fidge154/..stop whingeing!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: