John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 07:31:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Farm Aid Setlist **SPOILER**  (Read 18513 times)
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2011, 11:41:42 pm »

According to John's official Facebook page, his band soundchecked the following songs Friday night, on the eve of Farm Aid, so it's pretty safe to expect these songs to be played on Saturday night at the actual concert:

Authority Song
Death Letter
Walk Tall
Check It Out
Save Some Time to Dream
Small Town
New Hymn
Rain on the Scarecrow
Pink Houses
R.O.C.K. in the USA
cherrybomb47850
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 09:47:10 am »

Awesome setlist!!

Save Some Time To Dream
John R. Turner
littlesusie39
Global Moderator
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 08:54:03 pm »

watching it right now on farmaid.org!

Freedom’s Road:  If you want to take a ride
Well you’ve got to pay the toll

Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 09:01:29 pm »

He added Jackie Brown to the playlist, He didnt do SSTTD. or ROCK.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 09:33:21 pm by Mellenfan71 » Logged
petenkaren
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 09:29:07 am »

From what I can remember:

Authority Song
Death Letter
Walk Tall
Check It Out
Jackie Brown
Small Town
New Hymn
Rain on The Scarecrow
If I Die Sudden
Pink Houses

I am pretty sure this was his set.  VERY SHORT, even for Farm Aid.  40 minutes.  Never said hello.  After CIO, he said "Thank You Very Much."  After PH, he said "Thank You For Supporting Farm Aid."  That was it. 

Loved what he played.  Well over $300 for my wife and I.  A bit of a blur, but we'll take it.  Loved Dave Matthews too.

Pete

It sure would feel good to feel good again, Oh My Sweet Love...
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 10:35:31 am »

I am pretty sure this was his set.  VERY SHORT, even for Farm Aid.  40 minutes.  
Pete

How long did the others play?
Well at least he played 10 songs like on the original soundcheck list. so he planned it 40 min I guess.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 10:44:29 am by Mellenfan71 » Logged
richm752
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 11:13:01 am »

I think it would be nice for each of the headliners to do a 90 minute set.

RichM752rnEverything is cool as can be in a peaceful world.rnrnrnrnrn
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2011, 11:54:05 am »

Did John, Neil and Dave all come out to sing with Willie at the end? I heard they did not  do that this year.

I read DM's set was almost 45 min.
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2011, 01:31:04 pm »

Did John, Neil and Dave all come out to sing with Willie at the end? I heard they did not  do that this year.

45minutes is the set time for all of the headliners more or less. Pretty much they try to get each headliner on 60minutes after the one before starts so Dave at 730, John at 830, Neil at 930 and Willie at 1030. I am not sure how it was trending last night if they were on schedule or running late, sometimes they have to shorten if running late due to curfews.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
jtuttle
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2011, 04:31:15 pm »

No, the only headliner out there at the end was Willy.  He did have Will Daly and Jamey Johnson out there with a plethora of other folks (Native American dancers from opening, a marine in full uniform, the guy who played harmonica for Jakob Dylan and with Lukas Nelson plus lots of others. 

Mraz didn't bring his band this year - just Taco Riveria (I think that was his name).  Same with Neil Young - no Pegi.  Both their solo sets were great. 

Jamey Johnson didn't sing his #1 In Color, but he did sing Give it Away and that got an enthusiastic response. 

Enjoyed Farm Aid greatly.  Good seats.  Love that security did keep the aisle between 4A and 3A clear (for the most part).  Really enjoyed Rebecca Pidgeon and was surprised that I enjoyed Billy Joe Shaver.

Would have to agree that if you didn't know John was playing Farm Aid, you'd really have not known.  They were wonderful, but no real acknowledgement of farmers and their plight.  However, I'll take JM live no matter how he comes. 

As Neil said, buy American if you can't buy local.  Which is why I walked past the on sale grapes from Mexico in favor of the Washington state cherries.

Jane
cge333
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2011, 04:53:01 pm »

How was the sound live for the different bands?  I know in some of those big stadiums the sound system and acoustics are not so great.  I heard a good part of John's set on Sirius and thought they sounded great on there.  Still amazed by the way the reworked Walk Tall sounds and each time I hear the new version I think it sounds better.
jtuttle
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2011, 05:35:19 pm »

How was the sound live for the different bands?  I know in some of those big stadiums the sound system and acoustics are not so great.  I heard a good part of John's set on Sirius and thought they sounded great on there.  Still amazed by the way the reworked Walk Tall sounds and each time I hear the new version I think it sounds better.
I'm not a good judge of the sound quality overall.  Earlier in the afternoon we just sat down in the stands and it sounded good.  Loved Rebecca Pidgeon's "Disintegration Man" and heard that in the stands.  Moved to my seat in 4A, row 8 and we could feel the music as well as hear it. :-)  At times there was some feedback, but overall I had no complaints.

Jane
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2011, 09:34:29 am »

However, I'll take JM live no matter how he comes.  

Grin
'It's a shame. FA used to get a lot of national media coverage(MTV, VH1 etc). Now not so much
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 09:39:31 am by Mellenfan71 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: