John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 12:25:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Zürich  (Read 23942 times)
turmbird
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2011, 02:51:36 am »

today it´s Zürich and things look to be prepared better this time. the organiser of the festival have updated their website´s announcement and clearly inform about the movie, the length and when exactly the concert will start.
doors open at 7, film from 7:20-8:20, concert start 8:30, end latest 23:00.
http://www.liveatsunset.ch/act.php?actID=144

hope the italians learn their lesson how to organise a show.

this is going to be the last show of the european leg which except maybe italy have brought us some great shows, after what i have seen myself and read and heard from other cities.
John, the band and the whole staff deserve a big thank you and farewell tonight, hopefully Zürich can deliver this.
Lynyrd1967
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 03:31:31 am »

hope the italians learn their lesson how to organise a show.

Someday... Someday... But I don't know when!!!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Personally I enjoyed the documentary so much and the show. By the photos I've posted I guess John too enjoyed my hometown Wink

See you tonight in Zurich.

Alex
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 06:42:47 am »

hope it all goes well!
turmbird
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 08:45:57 pm »

yes, it all went well!! it was a great show in Zürich, 90minutes long but who cares as long as the quality of the performance is good.
the movie almost finished unnoticed, most people turned up after it. thanks to the announcement only those saw the movie who really were interested in it.
apart from this, the weather played it´s part. it was raining dogs and cats, absolutely shit weather for an open air festival, and nothing the audience and the band deserved.
but both gave their best, the crowd was great and John and the band also seemed to enjoy their last show.
of course the big hits were the crowd´s favourites, the second part of the show made them stand up and cheer. after R.O.C.K. they fighted for an encore really long, but we all know that it wouldn´t happen.
John was in a good mood, had his jokes with the band members. perhaps they all had their suitcases already packed and were looking forward to finally head home.

the setlist: Authority Song, No One Cares About Me, John Cockers, Walk Tall, The West End, Check It Out, Save Some Time To Dream, Cherry Bomb, Jack & Diane, Jackie Brown, Longest Days, Small Town, Old Rugged Cross, Rain On The Scarecrow, Paper In Fire, Crumblin´Down, If I Die Sudden, Pink Houses, R.O.C.K. in the U.S.A.

this long awaited european tour is over now, hard to believe.
John and the band will return in good condition to where they belong. thanks to them for not forgetting us this time and for giving us some memorable moments! NO BETTER THAN THIS!
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 10:29:21 pm »

How big was the audience?

Glad John and the audience were in a better mood Smiley
turmbird
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 03:30:00 am »

hard to say, i think totally the venue is for 3000 people. it was not completeley sold out, I would estimate around 2500 people were there.
many looked like normal people going to the festival which runs the whole week with different acts, I did not see a lot of people in old Mellencamp t-shirts.
but the audience was thankful for the show and "Check it out" broke the ice, and for the final part the whole crowd was up from their seats and cheering.
next to me sat an elder guy who did not look as if he knew a lot about John´s music. during the new songs he just sat there and talked to his wife like watching a movie. but all of a sudden,when "Paper in fire" came, he jumped up shouting, kind of exploded and did not seat down until the end.
it was really fun to be there!
thehall
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 04:02:51 am »

film from 7:20-8:20, concert start 8:30, end latest 23:00.
http://www.liveatsunset.ch/act.php?actID=144

Is this venue open air? Llooks like it is... If this is so I wonder why sunlight has not been an issue for the movie  at 7:20 pm in july.... Two hours before sunset!

turmbird
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 11:00:03 am »

yes it was open air. due to the thunderstorm it was quite "dark", so it was not a problem to show the movie.
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2011, 02:04:05 pm »

would estimate around 2500 people were there.

Pretty good!
Lynyrd1967
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 08:20:13 am »

yes it was open air. due to the thunderstorm it was quite "dark", so it was not a problem to show the movie.
It's true. And I bet that Swiss local promotion made a deal with the weather to get the movie correctly shown at 7.30 p.m.
What a pretty kind of organization they have!!! Cheesy Cheesy

Alex
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: