John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 06:26:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Udine, IT Show Update  (Read 60011 times)
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« on: July 11, 2011, 09:17:43 pm »

The Udine show has been cancelled. Please seek refunds at point of ticket purchase. No details were given to me in the email from the tour production as to the reason for the cancellation.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 09:56:25 pm »

Bummer.

His Italy show the other night had 800 people in a 2300 capacity.

fingam
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 01:37:56 am »

Bummer.

His Italy show the other night had 800 people in a 2300 capacity.

800 people bored by the boring & soporific documentary...
retinete32

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 02:05:54 am »

Mr. Mellencamp have no respect for people who bought tix in advance, no one refund pre sell.I lost aronud 35$ thanks to Mr. Mellencamp. Mr. Mellencamp was not happy with 1st italian date due to dust around the place..?!.. He and his band payed 18 songs, other European shows ended up with 21 songs. Day after in Rome, as usual 75 minutes of documentary... people pay to see live music not for the cinema.., Mr. Mellencamp showed up and  played only 70 MINUTES!! So Italian promoter at the end of the show, rushed to the backstage just asked for a little bit of respect for crowd..Mr. Mellencamp reply??!! Here we go:" I won't go to Udine for my last Italian show"..That's what really happened.This was the first italian tour of Mr. Mellencamp in his whole career, I hope do not see around such a guy..we need to see live act of serious musician player, Mr. Mellencamp has to learn a lot from professional musician as Bruce Springsteen maybe..People is very angry with Mr. Mellencamp and I do not think will ever buy any cd's again. Mr Mellencamp for this people does not exist no more. Rest In peace.
fingam

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 04:26:52 am »

I heard that many italian angry fans will go to the last show in Switzerland to express their feelings "politely"

Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 07:59:17 am »

Italian promoter at the end of the show, rushed to the backstage just asked for a little bit of respect for crowd..Mr. Mellencamp reply??!! Here we go:" I won't go to Udine for my last Italian show"..That's what really happened

You were backstage?
francesca

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 08:48:56 am »

....and the respect for the artist and His real fans???
afc

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 09:13:19 am »

I am very disappointed to read the posts....... I've been waiting more than 20 years, I've been listening to Jack and Diane and I need a lover for many years since 1979....... John has lost my trust and respect.
Lynyrd1967
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 09:16:01 am »

....and the respect for the artist and His real fans???
Udine concert has been canceled because John and his family have chosen to visit Rome Cheesy:

http://www.mellencamp.com/forum/index.php?topic=1308.0

Forgive my joke. I totally agree with you, Francesca. I hope that the matter was a loss of voice or a sudden Dave Clarks' tendonitis Wink

I don't want to think that the real reason was because there was a little number of audience in Udine too.
By the way, in Rome an 800 audience attended the show. 

Alex
Lynyrd1967
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2011, 09:25:21 am »

I am very disappointed to read the posts....... I've been waiting more than 20 years, I've been listening to Jack and Diane and I need a lover for many years since 1979....... John has lost my trust and respect.
Some people ain't no damn good
You can't trust 'em, you can't love em
No good deed goes unpunished
And I don't mind being their whipping boy
I've had that pleasure for years and years
No, no I never was a sinner-tell me what else can I do
Second best is what you get-till you learn to bend this rules
Time respects no person-what you lift up must fall
They're waiting outside-to claim my crumblin' wallsSome people say I'm obnoxious and lazy
That I'm uneducated and my opinipn means nothin'
But I know I'm a real good dancer
Don't need to look over my shoulder to see what I'm after
Everybody's got their problems-ain't no new news here
I'm the same old trouble you've been having for years
Don't confuse the problem with the issue, girl,
'Cause it's perfectly clear

Is a man the song he sings?
Sometimes yes. Little Bastard is one of them.
And I love him for this reason.
Come on everybody here in Italy: Let's invade Zurich and let him know we still love him for who he is. Is he or not a little bastard? Wink

Alex
francesca

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2011, 10:13:26 am »

Come on everybody here in Italy: Let's invade Zurich and let him know we still love him for who he is. Is he or not a little bastard? Wink

I'm agree with you. His London show was GREAT, and Paris too....let's go to Zurich Grin
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2011, 01:15:52 pm »

I'm agree with you. His London show was GREAT, and Paris too....let's go to Zurich Grin

Looks like the only problems were the Italy shows (and the one German show)  The other dates seem to have went great
pamahe

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2011, 03:10:16 pm »

I saw John in Munich, still great but much too late;-)
Now i am close to Venice in vacation and wanred to go to Udine, I feel very sad.
Why do you make this with your fans? After 25 years of waiting ,there ar maybe not thousends of fans but the real one would be there.
fingam

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2011, 03:26:32 pm »

I was at the Vigevano show and I heard some friends who were in Rome two days later and it's clear that non-english speaking fans really don't care about the movie. Too long, to slow and without any subtitles...useless in a single word.
In any case the show wasn't so bad but it wasn't stellar too. It looked like JM was there only to do his duty without any interest in the people in front of him. People who waited MANY years for a Mellencamp show, people who waited two, three o more hours to have an aseptic and short show. A sort of a second movie but in 3D.

I think that for the next tour Mr Mellencamp should not consider to come back to Italy. If you don't respect your audience, if you don't give them a solid show, you lost them. And Mr Mellencamp lost everything in Italy.  Game over.

richm752
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2011, 03:54:30 pm »

I bet the food was good.

RichM752rnEverything is cool as can be in a peaceful world.rnrnrnrnrn
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: