John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 02:06:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mellencamp jacket worn by Alain Robert, "the French Spiderman"  (Read 5267 times)
Alex1974
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: June 16, 2012, 07:55:28 am »

I was watching a UK news program yesterday and was pleasantly surprised by a news story about "urban climber" Alain Robert, the so-called "French Spiderman" famous for scaling the Eiffel Tower, the Sydney Opera House, the Golden Gate Bridge and numerous other landmarks around the world.  In this story, he was wearing a black leather jacket with "Mellencamp" emblazoned across the back and down his left sleeve.  I then googled him and found this Blog, with photos of him wearing a similar (red) leather jacket with "Mellencamp" emblazoned across the back:

http://www.danhimbrechts.com/blog/2009/06/french-climber-alain-robert-appears-in.html

Given that one does not hear Mellencamp's music much on UK television or radio these days, or come across references to him in popular media here all that often, I found this story rather tantalizing.  Robert is something of a celebrity in France and, I am guessing, a John Mellencamp fan.  His jacket is great and I am curious about its history. 

Does anyone know anything about Robert's interest in "Mellencamp" and/or the history of his jacket?

Alex
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: