John Mellencamp Community
March 18, 2024, 10:34:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2011 SICA Minutes to Memories Garden Raffle  (Read 18019 times)
DougAnderson
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: May 31, 2011, 09:33:26 pm »

Hi all,

It's that time of year again!

I am happy to announce the 2011 SICA Minutes to Memories Garden fund raising raffle...Last year’s raffle was another great success with the JM autographed guitar being won by Chris Sandefur of Arlington Heights IL.

Larry McDonald of Seymour who is the owner of This Old Guitar store located in downtown Seymour has graciously donated another acoustic guitar for this year’s raffle grand prize. 

2010 was another good year for the MTM gardens! It was enjoyed and admired by the many out of town visitors and Seymour locals who visit the Art Center as well as the many out of town visitors they receive.  The Mellenheads continue to make a positive impact on John's small town!

SICA in Seymour Indiana has the only permanent exhibit of John's paintings in the country. The property is owned by John and leased to SICA for an Art gallery and community art activities. More information on SICA can be found on their web site; http://www.soinart.com/index.html The Minutes to Memories Gardens fills the space between the Art Center, the Printing museum and the "Wild Nights" pottery barn. The Minutes to Memories Gardens were conceived by the Mellenheads to honor John's Grandmother Laura which have been funded by the Mellenheads and the Seymour locals.

The drawing will be during the SICA WJAA Bustock concert on Aug 5th. Don Hill will be drawing the tickets for the lucky winners. All prizes will be mailed as soon as possible after the drawing.

ALL MONEY RAISED BY THE RAFFLE GOES DIRECTLY TO SICA FOR THE MAINTENANCE OF THE MTM GARDENS.

Raffle Prizes: 
There will be 1 grand prize winner of a JM autographed guitar. Additional prizes will be autographed SICA Man in Red Shirt posters

The raffle tickets are $5 each, 5 for $20 or 15 for $50.

You can order by mail - payable by check or money order - please add $1 for US orders, $5 for international orders. Please make all checks or Money Orders out to S.I.C.A.

Send payment and a self addressed stamped envelope to: Doug Anderson 8091 Bay Brook Dr. Indianapolis, IN 46256. Please include with your order your contact information: name, address and email address. Your tickets will be sent to you via the mail.

Or, you may buy raffle tickets at many of the SICA Friday night concerts through the Aug 5th drawing date... Sorry, on on-line payments.

I can be contacted at [email protected] if needed for additional information.

Thanks,

Doug Anderson

mellenq
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 09:03:28 am »

I'm getting mine organised Doug, but as you know, mine takes just that little bit longer to arrive.  You should have it within about a week.

only promises I know to be true, are the promises made from the heart. ~MQDU~
marianne123
Global Moderator
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 08:31:38 am »

Hi Doug!

The check's in the mail.  No, REALLY, the check IS in the mail !  Love the poster.  I finally got to see John's art in person during this winter's tour and photo's can't capture what he can communicate through paint. 

Thank's for your hard work on this.

Marianne

-Marianne
jmellencampfan
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 02:43:59 pm »

Thanks Doug!  Cheesy
Love the poster, especially those eyes...
Best of luck with the Raffle!

Kim K. JM Fan For Life!!
mellenq
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 09:23:57 am »

Thanks Doug.  Good to know it all arrived safe and sound! Grin

only promises I know to be true, are the promises made from the heart. ~MQDU~
richm752
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 03:32:26 pm »

Check in the mail Doug.

RichM752rnEverything is cool as can be in a peaceful world.rnrnrnrnrn
taz7676
Christine
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 04:13:29 pm »

Mailing out today..hope it's not too late!

Christine B.
Little pink houses for you and me...
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2011, 01:03:14 pm »

I finally got to see John's art in person during this winter's tour and photo's can't capture what he can communicate through paint. 

Does he still paint?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: