John Mellencamp Community
April 25, 2024, 09:20:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Farm Aid Coming to Kansas City?  (Read 24568 times)
jtuttle
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2011, 10:09:40 pm »

Heading to Kansas for Farm Aid and will be staying through Sunday...leaving Monday.  Any suggestions on what we should take in on Sunday as far as sight-seeing or whatever? 

Thanks!

"-somedays I still don't know what to do-"

Mary in Michigan
The World War I Museum in the Liberty Memorial near Union Station is amazing.  All that stuff you were taught in high school history class will make sense after visiting it.  Union Station is also interesting.  As long as you are down there, walk through Crown Center.  It's basically shops but there are some interesting ones.   

The Power and Light District is fun - College Basketball experience is fun if you like b-ball.  Do you like art?  You can visit the Nelson-Atkins Museum.  If you prefer funky art, visit Moon's Marbles in Bonner Springs which is actually close the the concert venue.   Walking around the Plaza and window shopping is fun if you like upscale stores.  Lots to do in greater KC.

Jane
mtotch123
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2011, 08:21:40 am »

Many thanks for the response......I'm sure we will fill a day with those suggestions!!

"-somedays I still don't know what to do-"
Mary in Michigan
mitch1982
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2011, 10:30:14 pm »

It would be great if they could bring Farm Aid to Canada.

Mike

Agreed!

Double that, we have plenty of farmers who could use the help too, and plenty of supporters and fans that would!!
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2011, 05:18:48 am »

Thanks Jane!
mtotch123
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2011, 08:47:59 am »

Just wanted to thank Jane for the tips on "What to do in Kansas City".  We took in the World War I Museum, Union Station, City Market and drove around to the various sporting venues...football, baseball. 

Good times!  Cool city!!

Thanks, Jane!

"-somedays I still dont' know what to do-"

Mary in Michigan
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: