John Mellencamp Community
March 29, 2024, 04:22:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Farm Aid Coming to Kansas City?  (Read 24300 times)
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2011, 12:13:57 pm »

FarmAid concert -- featuring Neil Young, Willie Nelson, Dave Matthews and John Mellencamp -- headed our way?

Wyandotte County is already getting some sweet musical action this year from Kanrocksas -- and it might be about to get sweeter.

FarmAid is set to make a "big announcement" at 2 p.m. on Wednesday afternoon at LiveStrong Sporting Park, the new soccer stadium in the Legends. Since 1985, Farm Aid, "with the support of the artists who contribute their performances each year," has hosted concerts in different parts of the country to "support programs that help farmers thrive, expand the reach of the Good Food Movement, take action to change the dominant system of industrial agriculture and promote food from family farms."

FarmAid board members Willie Nelson, Dave Matthews, Neil Young and John Mellencamp are already confirmed to play 2011's FarmAid concert. The chances that those four will be coming to good old KCK? Right now, it's looking pretty good.

We'll keep you updated as we hear more. Check out FarmAid's website for more information.

http://blogs.pitch.com/wayward/2011/05/farmaid_concert_--_featuring_n.php

Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 01:47:35 pm »

Fantastic! Wonder if it will be before his European tour or after?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 01:52:15 pm by Mellenfan71 » Logged
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 02:17:06 pm »

Looks like Saturday, Oct. 1st, but that hasn't been confirmed and could be wrong. The venue is actually located in Kansas City, Kansas, which is just across the river from downtown Kansas City, Missouri. 
susan_shanks
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 06:05:09 pm »

Just might have to venture out to my first Farm Aid!  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 10:15:16 am »

Just might have to venture out to my first Farm Aid!  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Go for it!
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 02:21:43 pm »

It's Aug. 13, which is way earlier than it usually is. Not sure why they are doing it so early this year.
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 02:37:09 pm »

It's Aug. 13, which is way earlier than it usually is. Not sure why they are doing it so early this year.

Shocked
Rene
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 11:27:41 pm »

Bet it is earlier due to personal reasons. European tour ends slightly before the Farm Aid date. Get them all taken care of so he can focus on...... family, new family, marriage....? That's coming folks.
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 11:28:13 am »

Bet it is earlier due to personal reasons. European tour ends slightly before the Farm Aid date. Get them all taken care of so he can focus on...... family, new family, marriage....? That's coming folks.
Don't they have about another dozen performers shedules to think about, not just Johns??

jtuttle
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 08:40:24 pm »

You really should.  I went to the one in St. Louis and had a commitment for last year's date, but I am hooked.  It's a great concert with a mixture of acts.  Fun atmosphere.  It'll be hot and humid in Kansas in August, but worth it.   Got my tickets this morning.

Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2011, 08:49:50 pm »

.  It'll be hot and humid in Kansas in August, but worth it.   

Oh it is! It really is Wink
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 04:28:40 pm »

Will Dailey added to performers for Farm Aid.

http://willdailey.com/farmaid.php
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2011, 10:13:45 am »

It would be great if they could bring Farm Aid to Canada.

Mike
mtotch123
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2011, 10:59:00 am »

Heading to Kansas for Farm Aid and will be staying through Sunday...leaving Monday.  Any suggestions on what we should take in on Sunday as far as sight-seeing or whatever? 

Thanks!

"-somedays I still don't know what to do-"

Mary in Michigan
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2011, 05:53:31 am »

It would be great if they could bring Farm Aid to Canada.

Mike

Agreed!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: