John Mellencamp Community
March 29, 2024, 12:35:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Please tell me that John will be playing his top 80's songs and will shave his beard off? He looks much younger if he shave it off and I paid for my ticket and I want to hear his best hit songs!
not sure what option means on here - 1 (100%)
sure what option means on here - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 1

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: JAZZFEST IN NEW ORLEANS  (Read 9883 times)
dherm66
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: April 20, 2011, 09:05:58 am »

I need someone to please answer my question. Thanks

Donna Hermann
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 09:26:28 am »

I hope you are joking about the beard thing, but as for the setlist question, I would say there's a chance that John will play a more hits-heavy set at a festival than at a regular No Better Than This tour show, but you never know. He played the following at Rock Fest last year, so I think it's reasonable to expect a similar set in New Orleans:

Pink Houses
Paper In Fire
No Better Than This
Check It Out
Save Some Time To Dream
Cherry Bomb
Don't Need This Body
Small Town
Rain On The Scarecrow
The West End
Troubled Land
If I Die Sudden
Crumblin' Down
Authority Song
Jack & Diane
R.O.C.K in the USA
dherm66

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 03:20:37 pm »

Well, to be truthful about the beard thing.......I'm a huge fan of facial hair but I have been a huge fan of John since I was 14 and now 45 and just cant picture him in a beard. The last concert I went is in Mississippi and I was 37 and he came out with his hair shaved. I just wanted to see him as I had seen him in all those years.

I'm glad to hear and hopefully he will play all the 80's but I have been reading and seeing that people was disappointed that he didn't play the 80's and also said he looked terrible and his voice was cracked. He has been playing the blues and some others (cant remember)

I live in New Orleans and was shocked to hear that he was coming to Jazzfest and of course excited as well. Just wanted to make this the best concert ever!

Donna Hermann
dherm66

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 03:22:25 pm »

Another thing....think any chance or me meeting him in person?? I would just love that! That would really truly make me happy and make my day and unforgettable moments!

Donna Hermann
dherm66

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 03:25:25 pm »

Is anyone going to Jazzfest? Don't laugh even though I lived in New Orleans since I was born and never have been to Jazzfest. I'm understanding there are no seating, just standing. I just want o make sure I get up to front row...please let me know what I can do to make sure I get up there. The last concert, was seats and I was on front row.

Donna Hermann
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 04:07:25 pm »

also said he looked terrible

Really ? I think he looks great!

JM said several times this is a not "greatest hits" tour.
dherm66

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 04:23:00 pm »

Please anybody can give me any advice about Jazzfest? Should I go earlier even though he doesn't come on til 5 pm to get good spot? I rather take the chance and stay there all day to save my spot then just to come like at 2pm.

Donna Hermann
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: