John Mellencamp Community
March 29, 2024, 10:33:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mellencamp.com Fan Photographer McCaw Hall Seattle, WA  (Read 10150 times)
sharonc
Administrator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: April 13, 2011, 01:09:53 pm »

Photos by Alan Chitlik

berlie11
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 05:08:59 pm »

I Just finished reading a story about John Mellencamp.  I found myself laughing out loud and smiling at the fact the writer was quick to correct “Cougar” fans.  I do the same thing.  I started listening to John in the late 70’s when a friend of my parents brought over a reel to reel promo for me to give them my opinion of what I heard.  I think it was the “Kid inside” but honestly I don’t remember.  What I do remember was at the tender age of 13 I was in love, and hooked for life.  I bought every album, and 45 that I could get my hands on.  It was quite an expense when I bought my first CD player in 1987 and had to replace all my albums immediately.
 My first Mellencamp concert was Casper Wyoming, in 82 I think, (He went to the Bar at the hotel after the show, and they asked him to leave) I went onto see him 9 more times, California, Nevada, Washington, Oregon, I even did a Farm Aid one year.  Anyone who knows me knows my unweaving love for his music.  Last summer at the Dylan concert, I had a henna tattoo painted on my back of John’s face.  He laughed when he saw it, but I am sure he was thinking I was some kind of crazy stocker fan…  I just wanted to make him laugh. 
Last night my husband and I traveled to Seattle and watched “The No Better Than This” concert.  I am completely amazed by the fact he gets better every time I see him.  I really enjoy this acoustic style and I am excited that John has taken control over his own music and plays what he likes the way he likes it.  My daughters Godfather made a statement back in 1988; “It’s not if John is right for you, It’s about, Are you are right for John?”  Nice Pics of the conert.  Let Me Say Thank You Wink
dolly23
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 01:33:45 pm »

AGDB!   Great shots........
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 06:41:52 pm »

AGDB!   Great shots........

Agree! I know John would disagree. but i think he is the best looking now then he has ever been
Black suits become him. Wink
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 07:25:50 pm by Mellenfan71 » Logged
mitch1982
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 08:44:01 am »

Nicely done, thanks for sharing these great shots with us!
jtuttle
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 08:05:49 pm »

Wonderful photos!  Thanks for posting. 
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 10:36:01 am »

The photos are wonderful.  Every time I photos like these, it reminds me of John show here in Vancouver at the Orpheum Theatre and much everyone enjoyed the show. 

Mike 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: