John Mellencamp Community
March 29, 2024, 01:20:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Expectations for the fall tour...  (Read 15902 times)
theProudestMonkey
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2010, 08:05:16 pm »

First of all, thank you to everyone that made this new messageboard happen. I always lurked at clubcherrybomb, but now it's cool to actually be able to post.

I'm curious to know what you all think will go down on the fall tour. Setlists? Show length? New Material? Old?

I'd love to see John play a two hour set (I know I'm spoiled by Springsteen's three hour marathons, but I'd love to see John do at least two this time around).

At the very least, I'd like to think he will be back to the hundred minute show he did in 2008.

Five or Six new songs in the set would seem to be fair.

I'd love to see a few rare songs make it back into the set. I'd love to see Deep Blue Heart (was awesome last year) and Chance Meeting at the Tarantula.

I really hope he busts out some songs from Freedoms Road. I feel like those songs never got their "fair share."

As far as the classics go, hopefully we will get some more variety. It would be sad to see Authority song close the set, AGAIN. Throw in full band Cherry Bomb in that slot or Thank You, Peaceful World, etc.

So what do you all want to see this tour/expect to see?
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 10:40:49 pm »

I expect him to play about half of the new album and dig out some rarities from his past albums. For instance, John Cockers would be great in the "Sun Studios" set, "Play Guitar" would be great in the rock set, and "Another Sunny Day" is just screaming to be played in the solo acoustic set. He should also unearth some hits he hasn't played in years for the rock set, like "Rumbleseat" and "Get a Leg Up." Throw in a cool cover tune in one of the sets for good measure and you've got the makings of a great show. 
jcooperdj
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 01:26:36 pm »

http://www.billboard.com/events/john-mellencamp-to-screen-album-doc-from-1004108290.story#/events/john-mellencamp-to-screen-album-doc-from-1004108290.story

I posted this in another section.  This should give you some insight
mellenhead95
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 01:56:26 pm »

I hope he comes to Dallas on the tour. Here's some songs I'd like to hear:

Play Guitar
Rumbleseat
Hard Times For An Honest Man
Jackie Brown
Again Tonight
What If I Came Knocking
L.U.V.
Just Another Day
Your Life Is Now
Under The Boardwalk
Peaceful World
Teardrops Will Fall
The Americans
John Cockers
littlebastard
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 09:29:41 am »

I think it would be cool if he could vary his set list from night to night. That would work in more songs from his unbelievable catalogue of songs. A two hour show would be great also...but I'll be there for whatever they decide to do.

Suck it up and tough it out and be the best you can.
burk56
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 06:20:22 pm »

I have seen John in concert 15 times and have never gotten to hear him perform my favorite song although it is a cover.  In 1993 John did a cover of "Like a Rolling Stone."  It was actually the B side on the Key West Intermezzo CD single.  I bought this cd as a high schooler and fell in love with that song.  I know he did it live in a show in 1993 at Market Square Arena but would love love love to hear him sing it live.
petenkaren
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 11:39:26 am »

The 3-part show JM mentioned ought to be cool. 

My only hope is that he does not IGNORE the 90's as if they did not contain some of his best music.  Human Wheels, Key West, I'm Not Running Anymore, Again Tonight, Wild Night, Just Another Day, Your Life Is Now, Love and Happiness, Dance Naked, When Jesus Left Birmingham, Now More Than Ever, What If I Came Knockin', Without Expression... just to get your juices flowin'!!!!!!!!!  See what I mean?

It sure would feel good to feel good again, Oh My Sweet Love...
jakesmom204
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 03:27:36 pm »

I love the 3 part show idea also.  I just hope those arriving at the shows consider those of us who WANT to watch and listen to the film. 

I also agree on the 90's music, especially back when JM did solo acoustic versions of Human Wheels and Your Life is Now, some of my favorite performances.  They would fit right in with the singer/songwriter tour.  Another 90's favorite is It All Comes True, in my mind one of his best songs ever. 

Dar
richm752
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2010, 03:45:26 pm »

Yeah.......down with talkers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PaHcZUHI00&NR=1

RichM752rnEverything is cool as can be in a peaceful world.rnrnrnrnrn
mellenheadinohio
Global Moderator
One of the Crazy Ones...

~~ Paula

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2010, 03:54:45 pm »

lmao rich.  i may have to record that onto my cell phone just in case.......i'm just sayin.....lol
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: