John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 12:49:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Small town Acoustic, on the single wild night, where and when recorded?  (Read 7470 times)
Octon70
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: March 31, 2011, 03:46:00 am »

Hi, does anyone know where and where the acoustic version of small town, which is on the single Wild Night, is recorded? Is there bu any change a video on Youtube of this? I saw several versions of small town on youtube, including some acoustic. But, the one on the single has some more violin on it, I love it.
Thanks for answering.
Alex from the Netherlands.
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 11:16:50 am »

That was done in Belmont Mall, John's own recording studio. There is no video of it. He actually hired Lisa Germano to play violin on this version of the song and she worked her way into the band from there.
Octon70
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 07:30:36 am »

Thank you for your answer Walktall. Man, I really love that version.
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 10:06:31 am »

Is this version still available for purchase?  I'd love to have it in my collection.

Mike
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 02:14:17 pm »

Yes, it's the bonus track on the remastered edition of "Scarecrow." You can buy it on iTunes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: