John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 05:13:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: meeting john  (Read 7899 times)
colyates
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2011, 03:40:54 pm »

does john meet fans before or after a gig if so do you need a pass or can anyone meet him
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 08:30:16 am »

does john meet fans before or after a gig if so do you need a pass or can anyone meet him

John does not do any kind of meet and greet at his shows these days. Basically if you want to meet him you are going to have to run into him outside the venue or on the streets of the city.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 09:48:49 am »

There are times when the meet and greet is arranged by the classic rock stations.  They often do promotions where they do giveaways of backstage passes, etc.

Mike   
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 10:24:32 am »

They don't do those anymore from what I can tell. John leaves the venue right after the show and heads into his trailer.
STLcharlie
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 10:47:55 pm »

Had the pleasure of meeting John at a New York City radio station interview in a popular dance club in the morning. John had a meet and greet after the radio interview. It surprised many of us, who brought nothing for him to sign. So I just handed him my pocket calendar to sign. He must have thought I was a dork! Another guy who was caught offguard  had a better thing to sign: his pack of cigarettes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: