John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 05:59:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: John and Elaine  (Read 83523 times)
richm752
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2011, 09:16:02 pm »

Yes, it's one of my favorite dishes. It goes really well with fresh green beans also. I'd elaborate a little more but my little girlfriend is barking up a storm outside and I must investigate. I saw some strange looking scat today close to the house.

RichM752rnEverything is cool as can be in a peaceful world.rnrnrnrnrn
houseofmellencamp
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2011, 11:48:31 am »

It was reported that John is the one requesting for Elaine to take back her maiden name.
richm752
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2011, 12:29:47 pm »

What to cook for tonight's dinner? Decisions, decisions.
I believe pork chops re on sale at the market. Perhaps, if I manage to make it to town today, I will purchase three of them.
Or...........I will need to remove something tasty from the freezer, and remove it soon as it will need time to defrost.
Decisions. 

jakesmom204
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2011, 12:43:48 pm »

Rich,

I need that scallop and brussel sprout recipe.  Honest!

Dar
richm752
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2011, 01:27:44 pm »

OK, but it's a secret recipe so don't tell anyone.

Cook brown rice.
Prepare brussel sprouts

Wash 15 large scallops, pat dry, sprinkle seasoning ( I use Old Bay, or something similar)
Put the seasoned scallops in a baggie and pour in a little soy sauce ( I use Aloha brand)
Put them puppies back in the fridge for 30 min max.
Saute onions and garlic, then put them on the side ( just soften them up)

chop mushrooms, green onion, and a little cilantro

Steam brussel sprouts

Heat pan to proper temp,  add a little olive oil.
Throw those scallop in and once they get cooking add the onions and garlics. When you turn them over add the mushrooms and green onion. Squeeze a little lemon juice over everything.
Cook em till their nice and yummy but don't overcook.
When done put on a dish/platter, throw uncooked cilantro over platter of scallops.

Once the brussel sprout are done (hopefully not all overcooked and mushy) add a touch of olive oil and a dash of Mrs Dash.

I serve each plate from the stove with the rice and vegetable and put the platter of scallops on the table, thereby less dishes to wash.

mitch1982
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2011, 03:32:10 pm »

Can you be at my place by 5:30 to make dinner?   Wink
beckjwilson
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2011, 08:37:31 pm »

It is very sad to see a family spit. I wish the best for John, Elaine and the kids.

Becky Wilson
mtotch123
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2011, 01:55:40 pm »

John is the one asking Elaine to take back her maiden name???!!  What the heck is going on!!??  I'm sorry but this is all too weird.  I know divorces are crazy, but why would he do that?  Legal reasons? 

And what's with the menus and recipes?  I got reamed out on another leg for talking about John talking about Elaine on A & E....because it was a leg for A & E and not talking about John & Elaine....even though John was talking about John and Elaine on A & E...so why are we discussing food under the John and Elaine leg. 

Not that I'm against food.....

"-somedays I still don't know what to do-"

Mary in Michigan
WildNight
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2011, 03:17:01 pm »

The food stuff is supposed to make you stop talking about john and elaine, but this is a john and elaine discussion, so mary you are more then welcome to talk about it  Smiley

"beige to beige thats all it is these days"
slm1206
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2011, 06:24:38 pm »

I didn't want to be mean, but I was wondering the same things about the recipes. It's kind of disappointing to think there's a new post about the topic and to only find a recipe.

As far as John and Elaine, it does seem odd to me that he would want her to take her maiden name back especially since they have children. If it were me, I would see that as an insult for his even asking. But on the other hand, I would want my maiden name back if I divorced my husband. (I've been married 30 years)
I usually saw Elaine referred to as Elaine Irwin anyway, so I don't think she actually benefited from his name on a professional level.
kyralexis
Global Moderator
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2011, 06:27:23 pm »

John is the one asking Elaine to take back her maiden name???!!  What the heck is going on!!??  I'm sorry but this is all too weird.  I know divorces are crazy, but why would he do that?  Legal reasons? 

Mary in Michigan

I read that it is in the prenup.  That is one of the few things they leaked from it.  And apparently the complaint was filed by John citing that the marraige cannot be reconciled.  3-page document.
petenkaren
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2011, 09:42:18 pm »

My Recipe For "Walking Tall"

A little GRACE
A fair share of MERCY
And a whole lot of FORGIVENESS

Mix all 3 ingredients together and you can always look yourself in the mirror.

Thanks for the lyrics John.

It sure would feel good to feel good again, Oh My Sweet Love...
WildNight
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2011, 10:44:15 pm »

I like that, such a great song and video
richm752
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2011, 04:12:23 am »

This is also a good song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcy6c1D5qSM&feature=related

mtotch123
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2011, 01:18:58 pm »

Mind Your Own Business?!

You can't be serious?  You don't really expect us to stop speculating and stop wondering and stop talking about OUR celebrity's divorce??!!

Again - we've GROWN UP with Elaine and the boys.  They are like FAMILY!  Plus they are public figures.  I don't feel bad at all about being concerned and curious as to what went on....especially when it seemed so sudden to us.  I think that's the real shocker....it came out of no where as far as we could see.

So I guess.....if you don't want to discuss "John & Elaine" then stay off of this leg.

I, for one, would really like to know what's behind the name change thing and WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED!!  Can't help it.......

Mary in Michigan
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: