John Mellencamp Community
March 29, 2024, 03:06:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: James Brown  (Read 4945 times)
turmbird
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« on: April 03, 2011, 02:54:56 pm »

recently bought a copy of James Brownīs live record "Live at the Apollo", a show from 1962.
well...the record sounds funny with the crowd screaming (dont know if they added these later in the studio or if it was real).
but James Brown was really Mr.Dynamite! so much power and soul in his performance.
a great record, and though I love the folk roots, I think itīs people like James Brown that influenced Mellencamp a lot more, his "Salute to 60īs Rock" tells it all.
so letīs donīt forget James Brown!
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 07:05:38 pm »

Yeah, the hardest workingman in show business.  James brown sure was a showman.  Right up until the end.  I never saw him live, except on TV, he sure was a great performer

Mike   
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: