John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 02:57:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My thought on the opening show  (Read 11572 times)
jeffbarry
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2010, 01:01:28 pm »

Greetings fellow Mellenheads

I was lucky enough to see the opening show in Bloomington. About an hour before showtime the documentary type film starts.  Pretty cool, lots of pictures, concert footage and the guy narrating talks about what John's mood or comments are,pretty funny comments.

Did not really know quite what to expect on this tour with the feel of the new album, No Better Than This. I was greatly surprised by the entire show.  Always amazing to hear the new versions of the older songs with the twist and feel John puts on them. The new songs are great live. It was bone chilling on a few of the songs as everyone (well except John) sang the lyrics, I think John was really touched.

I think I enjoyed last nights show as much as I did the Lonesome Jubilee era shows.

Be sure and arrive early as there are some JM painting in the lobby, sorry none are for sale,  but don't they say everything had a price, lol.

Remember Your Life Is Now.

Jeff
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 02:21:16 pm »

Greetings fellow Mellenheads

I was lucky enough to see the opening show in Bloomington. About an hour before showtime the documentary type film starts.  Pretty cool, lots of pictures, concert footage and the guy narrating talks about what John's mood or comments are,pretty funny comments.

Did not really know quite what to expect on this tour with the feel of the new album, No Better Than This. I was greatly surprised by the entire show.  Always amazing to hear the new versions of the older songs with the twist and feel John puts on them. The new songs are great live. It was bone chilling on a few of the songs as everyone (well except John) sang the lyrics, I think John was really touched.

I think I enjoyed last nights show as much as I did the Lonesome Jubilee era shows.

Be sure and arrive early as there are some JM painting in the lobby, sorry none are for sale,  but don't they say everything had a price, lol.

Remember Your Life Is Now.

Jeff

See some of Jeff's amazing pictures here! http://www.mellencamp.com/forum/index.php?topic=566.0

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
LethaRoberts1001
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 12:51:11 pm »

I Loved Loved Loved this concert!! Opening night of his tour and I am lucky enough to be there!!

I loved how he has evolved and his music has changed.  It was great to see how he has put a new spin on some old classics, like "Jack and Diane".

The story about his grandma was sweet and beautiful.  He allowed us to have a look inside heart and soul! Very touching.

I don't have enough good to say, it was a night to remember, one for the memory books as my mother used to say.

John........Thank you for evolving as a person and artist and still giving us ROCK in the USA and beyond!!

Super MellenHead,
Letha
ROCK
mitch1982
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 03:42:28 pm »

See some of Jeff's amazing pictures here! http://www.mellencamp.com/forum/index.php?topic=566.0

Yes, be sure to check out Jeff's photos, they are spectacular!  And as I mentioned on another blog post on this site, the lighting people outdid themselves, beautiful!!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 11:14:02 am by mitch1982 » Logged
littlesusie39
Global Moderator
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 11:39:28 am »

I have to agree with you on the lighting! It was a beautiful stage, the backdrop, the pretty lights draped across, the spotlights on him. It was gorgeous. So fitting to the beautiful IU Auditorium.

I was a little apprehensive about this concert, not sure how i was going to like the new stuff. I really did like a lot better than i thought i would. The only one i am having trouble with is  the new version of Jack and Diane; it is just such a classic and the audience really wanted to sing it and it was just a bit hard  to do that with the changes.

LOVED hearing the REAL LIFE and IF I DIE SUDDEN, PAPER IN FIRE--- 3 of my favorites. ROCK, RAIN ON THE SCARECROW and of course PINK HOUSES-- it wouldn't be right if he didn't play those.

I have talked to a lot of Bloomington people that went to the concert, some that have never been before and they were all really impressed with the show.

i would love to go again!

FOR SURE.

Freedom’s Road:  If you want to take a ride
Well you’ve got to pay the toll

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: