John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 03:27:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The songs we know and love  (Read 10773 times)
jennifer1188
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: August 28, 2010, 01:00:42 am »

I have to say...I was looking foward to this concert all summer.  I was so disappointed.  We didn't hear "hurt so good" or Jack and Diane".  When you have waited most of your adult years to finally hear John, its a bit disappointing.  I love John's music, to be sure, but I just didn't expect to pay so much for a ticket and not hear his best.  I was just so bummed.  My husband and I have a bet: "If you could have anyone play for a backyard barbeque, who would it be?  I have always said John Cougar Mellancamp."  I do love his music, even all the stuff he played tonight.  He just didn't play his best.  BTW, he apparently said he couldn't sing his old stuff, but I think he sounded just as good as he aslways has...if you ever want to play in my backyard, let me know.  I would love to have you.

Your fan always, Jenn
littlesusie39
Global Moderator
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 02:58:17 pm »

jenn, i'm sorry to hear you were let down. He probably would have played Jack and Diane if it had been "his" own tour; i guess with Dylan, he has to cut some out Sad . He hasn't been playing HSG for a while (unfortunately).

With 10 top 10 albums where do you start cutting the songs!!?? it must be hard.

i would love to have a backyard or living room concert too!!! Wink

Freedom’s Road:  If you want to take a ride
Well you’ve got to pay the toll

richm752
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 01:13:17 am »

yeah I'm sorry you were disappointed too.

RichM752rnEverything is cool as can be in a peaceful world.rnrnrnrnrn
colleen0309

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 08:23:49 am »

Yea, I can understand your disappointment. Love the oldies but goodies. Look at it this way, it's a chance to hear the new stuff live. I'd kill for that chance Grin
ArteliaRose

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 11:53:51 am »

I know it might sound like an insult, but it's not meant that way:

the two songs Jenn mentioned are two that I don't care for, myself. I would suffer no loss if I attended a concert and JM left them out.

I know they are hits, so I am sure that others feel differently, and I Respect that. Music is so Personal!
brkelner

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 01:36:59 pm »

Hello Jen,
Maybe you can help me.
Do you know who was the back up singer on "Little Pink Houses"
Thank you in advance for your reply.
Brian
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead