John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 03:57:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SCARECROW VS. LONESOME JUBILEE - CLASSIC ALBUM CLASH  (Read 9273 times)
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2018, 04:19:00 pm »

SCARECROW VS. LONESOME JUBILEE - CLASSIC ALBUM CLASH

Please respond with your vote on which track you prefer and why in each matchup. Let’s see which of these two great albums gets the most love via a track-by-track breakdown.

Note: We will include “Grandma's Theme” as part of “Small Town” since it is an introductory piece.

Here are the matchups:

Rain On The Scarecrow vs. Paper In Fire
Grandma’s Theme/Small Town vs. Down & Out In Paradise
Minutes To Memories vs. Check It Out
Lonely Ol' Night vs. The Real Life
The Face Of The Nation vs. Cherry Bomb
Justice and Independence '85 vs. We Are The People
Between A Laugh And A Tear vs. Empty Hands
Rumbleseat vs. Hard Times For An Honest Man
You've Got To Stand For Somethin' vs. Hot Dogs & Hamburgers
R.O.C.K. In The USA vs. Rooty Toot Toot
The Kind Of Fella I Am vs. Never Too Old (Lonesome Jubilee b-side, original JM song)

Happy voting! This is an election day, after all.
Swell67
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 04:28:36 pm »

This is big ask -  Grin.

You could have eased us into something like this with some later released album comparisons ...  Grin Wink

Still working on my answers... hard to choose when some are a draw!  Roll Eyes

Jgmanns81
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 06:48:20 am »

Im going to have to say scarecrow by half a point because rain on the scarecrow and minutes to memories are my 2 favorite songs in the world 3 is hotdogs and hamburgers
Aeroplane2
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2019, 05:25:37 pm »

I can't vote these song parings individually as both albums are, without question, amazing; but I believe the Scarecrow album is the dearest and truest album to so many hearts and minds, surely the best album of that era, in my mind, of any artist or band!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: