John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 10:46:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: News Page and Home Page issues?  (Read 10171 times)
dusty947
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« on: October 03, 2010, 08:27:09 pm »

For some reason, I can't get all the news I could get a week ago.  I get 1 page only and it only has the top 4 most recent news articles?  Is there something that needs to be installed or did this change?  I reinstalled Javascript and Flashplayer but to no avail.  Just wondering if it may be my operating system or is there a problem?
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 08:33:57 am »

Sounds like something is up with your browser. Try a different one like Google's Chrome or Firefox. Shouldn't be your operating system.

Everything seems fine with the site from my end. We change the home page articles every week fading out featured ones but there are over 10 on there right now.

The news page should have numbers at the bottom where you can browse back 10 articles at a time going back through all 700 odd articles.

For some reason, I can't get all the news I could get a week ago.  I get 1 page only and it only has the top 4 most recent news articles?  Is there something that needs to be installed or did this change?  I reinstalled Javascript and Flashplayer but to no avail.  Just wondering if it may be my operating system or is there a problem?

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
sugarmarie_1980
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 09:13:27 am »

Tony,

I use IE and I have the same message about the javascript and player. This is only on the home page. The news page a photo is displayed.

This getting older
Ain't for cowards
This getting older
Is a lot to go through
mellenheadinohio
Global Moderator
One of the Crazy Ones...

~~ Paula

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 11:27:48 am »

i use Chrome (which is the best browser i've EVER used), and i can see everything.
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 01:47:40 pm »

Alright I got it figured out. The system had truncated the end of the youtube video code. Firefox and Chrome both don't sweat stuff like that but Internet Explorer clearly couldn't deal  Wink

I got the code all patched up and now the site is fine for me in IE, please confirm and let me know any futher problems!

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
dusty947
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 02:35:31 pm »

All I had to do was wait patiently for you to figure it out Tony.  It worked fine last Friday and since I was at Farm Aid..... (Great show by the way..... 1st time attending Farm Aid,) I got on the site Sunday night and things were not right.  Thanks, I knew you would solve the problem.

sugarmarie_1980
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 12:13:28 am »

Works for me now, too.  Grin

Thanks! I like looking at the man much more than a blank page!

This getting older
Ain't for cowards
This getting older
Is a lot to go through
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: