John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 04:45:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bob Seger's Birthday!  (Read 32595 times)
MrSickboy50
MrSickboy50
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile WWW
« on: May 06, 2016, 08:39:03 pm »

Hey- I just wanted to make a little post here honoring MY hometown hero! I'm not from Indiana, I'm from Michigan, and here our hometown hero is the one and only Bob Seger!!

Today is Bob's birthday, he was born on May 6th, 1945 and grew up in Ann Arbor, MI. Happy 71st Birthday Bob Seger. One of my biggest heroes and inspirations- Seger is the main reason why I have so much love and pride for my homestate. I'd never leave this place, because he helped establish what Detroit is today- a wonderful, beautify city just like his songs. I am proud as heck to call myself a young Seger fan, and I wouldn't want it any other way. Seger, you are a Michigan favorite for many important reasons. Your songs represent and reflect love, growth, maturity, and many life lessons for young ones like me to hear. We are damn lucky to have you as hardworking hometown hero! You are a mascot here and you know it!

I have seen Bob Seger live twice, met his band, and received his autograph. It was amazing being able to hug and talk to some of his band mates and friends, like Barbara Payton, Laura Creamer, Shaun Murphy, Jim "Moose" Brown, Alto Reed, Tom Weschler, and many others. He and his band are just about the nicest people ever- Bob's still another awesome, devoted heartland rocker like John Mellencamp. Musicians like them, I swear- never get the recognition and all that they deserve, in my opinion anyways. I'm glad Bob Seger is still with us, and I hear rumors that another album and tour may be coming. I don't know how many 70 year old you know who are selling out arenas like this guy! Grin

Anyway, I just wanted to share my love for Bob Seger here, and wish yet another great musician a very happy birthday! I must stand for my heroes! Smiley
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 08:40:56 pm by MrSickboy50 » Logged

I'm 19 years old and proud to be a hardcore John Mellencamp fan. - Brianna Hojnacki
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 03:19:24 am »

I've been a fan of Seger's for 40 years.  Night Moves hooked me. (I met the love of my life)  He, like john and Bruce are the three artists I enjoy the most.

Mike
MrSickboy50
MrSickboy50
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 02:40:52 pm »

Oh yes. Bob Seger is a legend. I've been a fan of his since I was 12 or 13, that's a lot considering I am young myself, haha! I've been a fan of Bob Seger's longer than I have John Mellencamp... but if I had to choose I still prefer John Mellencamp.
I would love to see John and Bob do a song together. They are great "heartland" rockers and I'm sure they'd get along to do a song!

I'm 19 years old and proud to be a hardcore John Mellencamp fan. - Brianna Hojnacki
SClikes
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2020, 05:26:44 am »

Bob Seger is a great American singer, songwriter, and musician. His music album "Night Moves" is of my favorite albums.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: