John Mellencamp Community
June 24, 2021, 09:47:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: This Purple Haze  (Read 166 times)
racketeer
Astric Psychonaut
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: May 21, 2021, 11:09:45 am »

This is an ode to jimi hendrix, a true ghost of the woodstock generation. unfortunately, he passed away at the age of 27, like his equally gifted friends jim morrison and janis joplin, actually.
Scripting conversations is one of my pasttimes, and this is no exception to the dream...Dickinson had her Browning, and although my country electric guitar has no psychedelic hot pink lights, and no attractions to brag of, here and there, there are new codes in color wars that can only be replaced in a good game called "Color War" that do not need ME to decipher and interpret? And personally, I can't wait for  that old red door to OPEN!!!

This Purple Haze by reisa gerber/racketeer
dedicated to jimi hendrix

We were born to spaces, genie art
We were torn from the craziest heart to heart
Confiding in keeping with bazooka bubble gum
Take a drive after dinner and throw you a crumb
Party hardy, fried chicken and pizza with cheese
"Foxy Lady", me and hendrix in there with a baby named patree...patrice, whatever!
"Oh, you've captured my heart" he'd play his guitar
"This Purple Haze", high and strap at this bar
Whitney would say, "don't use that old incantation!
We were born and brought up in the "beat me up" generation!"
And now it's like "don't you dare lay a hand on my child!"
Our crazy wisdom holding on to something wild
Because precious and few are those moments we two...
And share "This Purple Haze" with you. Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 01:19:45 pm by racketeer » Logged

Waiting for Godot
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: