John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 06:50:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I would like to meet John  (Read 8137 times)
serena
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2010, 10:56:14 pm »

I am hoping to go to the Nashville, TN concert in November, is it possible to meet John? If so, what is the process?
putt714

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 01:35:48 pm »

I think , I meet John along time ago.Back in Nov.Thanksgivin time 1973.I started to hitch hike from Indy to Florida.It was about 3:30-4:30 in the morning.I got on 65 at Thompson rd.bridge.I put my thumb out and a guy picks me up.He said his name was John ? He said he was lead singer in a rock band.He was playing in down town Indy at the time.I believe it was a sat.nite.He said he was livin with his folks in Seymour In.We talked til that exit and he dropped me off.Years later I saw him on a music award show.He was wearing jeans with holes in them.I said to my self that is the guy that picked me up.                                                                             putt714                                             
littlesusie39
Global Moderator
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 12:43:47 pm »

John has done a few meet and greets in the past, but  i have not heard of any for this tour. Sometimes when there was street team stuff to do you could "win" one that way.

I have heard that he really doesn't care for them

Freedom’s Road:  If you want to take a ride
Well you’ve got to pay the toll

valeree

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 07:19:19 am »

met john in montreal feb 2008 at a meet and greet, he was gracious and sweet to me  and i just couldn.t resist speaking and following him down the hall my man says it was actually funny,( I had scooted around the bodyguards)and told him  i had seen him in atlantic city and he actually stopped and listened to me babble about how long and much i love his music 30+ years of singing and loving his words,again he was gracious and kind  to me I was so excited to be meeting him,(i had forgotten to pick up my will call stuff or tell him I was a club member) ,  i do believe john enjoys his fans now more than ever, listen to his words, the man is in his music, sees and sings truths I feel almost humankinds leagacies of my generation, I love his words and music even his album titles,song titles videos (now why doesn't he make my world complete and put out all his videos on dvd ) there is always a message Love him wish him and his family all the best the world has to offer

i love johnny with a passion  i hope he tours every year and makes everybody happy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: