John Mellencamp Community
April 19, 2024, 07:03:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: IU Auditorium pricing glitch  (Read 4034 times)
sweetlight
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2014, 11:02:05 am »

Went to buy my ticket for night 2 of Bloomington through the IU Auditorium presale this morning. Can't afford the more expensive seats, but told myself that if I could nab something in the first couple rows of the balcony I'd splurge on that (I'm short, so much past the first couple rows and I have to ask someone if there's actually anybody onstage). Pulled a seat in the front row of the balcony center section, and the price it gave was ... $0.00. Oooookay, I thought, this isn't gonna end up being a real ticket, but how can I not take a chance? Made the buy, got the confirmation, was charged $10 for fees and that was it, until 15 minutes later I got a phone call from someone at the Auditorium. They were SUPER nice about it, said they could charge my same credit card the regular ticket price AND for my inconvenience they'd waive the $10 fee (which I thought was extremely nice of them), and yes indeed I did have my front row center balcony seat. Not quite as much fun as getting a $10 ticket, but I'm happy with the outcome.

So if anybody else bought a "free" balcony seat for Feb. 4, they are probably trying to get hold of you. Smiley (This also means that if you wanted a good balcony seat, keep trying, because I'm willing to bet at least a few people say "never mind, don't want the ticket after all if it's not free.")
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: