John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 11:07:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bend and Troutdale anyone?  (Read 16477 times)
richm752
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« on: August 26, 2010, 08:54:11 pm »

We're on the road in the AM. 215 mile drive up to Bend, then 145 to Troutdale the following day. My girlfriend is real excited to go. This will be her 4th Mellencamp show. Will call someone.
Who's the lucky dog going to be?

RichM752rnEverything is cool as can be in a peaceful world.rnrnrnrnrn
upfromindiana
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 09:10:44 pm »

pick me Huh Grin

If you needed a friend, I'd be your best one - John Mellencamp

May your journey to your resting place, leave a smile upon your face - Dane Clark
richm752
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 09:25:13 pm »

Canada is long distance, no?

sugarmarie_1980
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 11:05:45 pm »

Well, you could put me in the #2 spot behind Barb, you know, from Indiana. However, if I have used my phone call allottment from the grammy show, put me at the end of the line.

Have fun, Rich!

This getting older
Ain't for cowards
This getting older
Is a lot to go through
richm752
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 01:05:02 am »

Keep the line moving ladies...............maybe I can find another phone. Show starts at 1800.
I thought Barb was from Canada?

sugarmarie_1980
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 08:39:02 am »

Keep the line moving ladies...............maybe I can find another phone. Show starts at 1800.
I thought Barb was from Canada?

Barb is upfromindiana, Rich. For real, really. She's not international.

I'll be sure to carry my phone with me in case I'm in queue. Charge your phone to full capacity, please. Mellencalls are always the best !
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 08:41:40 am by sugarmarie_1980 » Logged

This getting older
Ain't for cowards
This getting older
Is a lot to go through
mellenheadinohio
Global Moderator
One of the Crazy Ones...

~~ Paula

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 04:57:12 pm »

i could SERIOUSLY use some live JM right now!
mellenheadinohio
Global Moderator
One of the Crazy Ones...

~~ Paula

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2010, 09:20:09 pm »

thanks rich!  i hung up (eventually), otherwise i would have stayed on for the whole show!

i closed my eyes and envisioned being there.  only 60 days to go...

thanks again!
richm752
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 12:39:53 am »

Whelp..we made it home. Nice road trip.
Bend was great, we had row A, just to the left. It's such a blast watching Andy York wail away, he makes it all look so easy.  As soon as the show started security was on everyone to "sit in your seats". Yeah right.....we know better. JM had to nudge one of the security guards with the head stock of his guitar to back off. So the party was on from the second verse of Pink Houses. It was probably the best one hour opening act I've ever seen, and others around me agreed. Speaking of which.......it's always funny to see others reaction to a Mellencamp show. You hear thing like, " dam, that band is tight", and "they hit you from the start and when it's over your, in a different state of mind". Troubled Land and If I Die Sudden are two of the best ever songs to experience live. If you've never done it, stand by.

Troutdale is a great venue. We arrived around 5:30 and the line to get in was very long but moved at a good pace. We set up our chairs way in the back and as soon as I went for a beer, I hear the venue personal telling others that there was plenty of room up front, lots of open spaces. Needless to say I moved on that little tip and in no time we were right in front about 30 feet back.
It was funner than Bend as we got to see more people in front of us having a good time. We meet many who  had never seen Mellencamp before and were blown away by the hour long set.
I'm certain more Mellenenheads were born those nights. Not to mention the born again.

I wish I was on the road north to Montana, but I have to change out the water heater or face a stiff penalty at home.

A few weeks till Farm Aid. I'll survive.

sugarmarie_1980
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 10:42:25 pm »

Thanks for your update, Rich! I'm lovin' Andy and the way he wails on that guitar...actually, ever since TNM...it's where I started taking notice.

This getting older
Ain't for cowards
This getting older
Is a lot to go through
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: