John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 05:01:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mellenmoments  (Read 29663 times)
mellenq
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2011, 08:55:39 am »

DD bought a music magazine today as her favourite band was featured in it.  We get home, she's looking through it and asked me if I wanted to read up on her fav band.  I said I might do so later.  She then yells "mom, mom, I bet you'll read it now," and holds up a double page of Mellencamp photos.  Luckily for me, she had bought Q magazine (from UK) and although I'd already read the article online, it was nice to see it in a magazine with pictures too. 

We have since agreed to 'share ownership' of her magazine!!!   Cool  Grin

only promises I know to be true, are the promises made from the heart. ~MQDU~
jakesmom204
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2011, 02:36:33 pm »

Great story!!!! Love it!!!

Until 2 years ago I used to always hear more Mellentunes over the intercomm at work than on the radio in this area, but a new store manager changed the mix to more of a cool jazz (and thank God, turned the volume down).  That manager has left and the music has returned, selections and volume!  I sit down to do a couple of hours of marketing (handing out business cards) and what starts playing?  Your Life Is Now! They wonder why I was grinning.....
sugarmarie_1980
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2011, 08:57:44 pm »

First, turned on my favorite NPR station and BAM!, heard the opening notes of "Rooty Toot Toot."

I later went to a friend's house to pick up an order and another customer was there as well. I was invited in, we started chatting with her (the customer) and she was telling us about her daughter's outdoor wedding. I asked the location, she replied Nashville, IN. One thing led to another, turns out she grew up in Belmont, IN and yep, she knows where John's studio is, not to mention she use to go over to that house and play before John bought it and transformed it. I, of course, had to regale her with my John fan/travel stories. A very fun conversation, but it ALWAYS is when John is the topic of said conversation!

This getting older
Ain't for cowards
This getting older
Is a lot to go through
JMTPFAN
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2011, 12:33:59 pm »

I was on hold for Blue Cross of CA when a musac version of "I'm Not Running Anymore" came on. Don't think I've heard that before.
dolly23
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2011, 07:29:48 am »

Very rarely do you hear that. What luck, even though it was musac!  Play a lottery ticket!
Heartlandrocker
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2011, 02:14:25 pm »

My mellenmoment bein a fan of my local team in south london..crystal palace..the eagles!..."im soarin with the eagles all week long"!
mellenq
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2012, 10:22:48 am »

It's always a positive sign when you turn up for a party and the music playing as you get out of the car is Mellencamp.......and YES, it was a good party!!! Grin

only promises I know to be true, are the promises made from the heart. ~MQDU~
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: