John Mellencamp Community
March 18, 2024, 10:21:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Warren zevon  (Read 7859 times)
Heartlandrocker
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2011, 09:19:00 am »

Listening to "stand in the fire"live album..stunning,brilliant,sardonic songs from this great american songwriter..such a sad loss to lose him to cancer..when told he had months to live,went out and recorded "the wind",a document of his pain while ill...check out this artists "dirty life and times"..an absolute legend.
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 09:04:48 am »

I totally agree with you about Warren.  "Stand In The Fire" has to be one of the best live albums out there.  I've been a Zevon fan since the late seventies when I first heard "Werewolves of London".  I have almost everything he's released.

Mike

Heartlandrocker
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 01:22:52 pm »

Thanks mike,glad you appreciate warren zevon....will you be in britain for any of j.m's shows?..would be nice to meet up with a good music fan!
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 09:06:52 am »

Did you know that Warren actually started out as a session musician?  His real start was when he worked with Linda Ronstadt, as he mentions during the last part of Stand In The Fire.  I saw him perform live in Vancouver about a year before he died.  He was already quite ill at that point but put on an amazing show.

To answer your question, I doubt I'll be able to catch anymore Mellencamp shows this year.  I have too many work commitments.  Maybe next year.

Mike

Heartlandrocker
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 01:56:16 pm »

Thanks mike.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: