John Mellencamp Community
March 29, 2024, 08:45:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: U2  (Read 7678 times)
farfelp
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
U2
« on: August 16, 2010, 07:41:52 pm »

I know there are several of us that hang out on both boards. always nice to make a double musical connection.

I last saw U2 at the big 2009 Rosebowl concert available on DVD. As the NA tour was rescheduled. . . i have a long wait to see them again.
thorngenx
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 09:43:53 pm »

I have been to more U2 concerts than any other band or musician, but that's an easy to beat two.  Next year Lady Gaga will move up to a tie when I see her Monster Ball again.

I was in the U2 fan club a few years, but losing my job and having to really tighten my budget made me see where my priorities were so I let the paid membership lapse.

I still like quite a few U2 songs and will always have good memories of the concerts and getting to know some really good friends at and during the visits to the cities where the concerts took place, one time Oakland, then Las Vegas.

ThornGenX First John Mellencamp concert so far Aug 2, 2008 at Berkeley, California
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 10:21:59 am »

Bono is a terrific singer and U2 certainly has enjoyed an enormous success.  He's a little too political for me.  I'm not big on U2's dance stuff.  I wish they'd get back to rock 'n' roll.  The Joshua Tree and Rattle & Hum are my favorites.

Mike   
Heartlandrocker
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 12:59:01 pm »

Pickin up on ur u2 thread...bein of irish parentage the most popular band in ireland are "the saw doctors"..they tour the u.s.a every year..just completed a march stint..and goin back in august...they play the melody tent,cape cod,hyannas...davy carton and leo moran are big mellencamp/petty/springsteen fans...play a great 2hr plus show and can rock!..got a good website...saw doctors.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: