John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 07:18:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fan Review  (Read 7001 times)
snipehunter
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2011, 05:17:06 pm »

I drove 4 hours each direction most of it in the rain to go to a place I've never been to before, to see a guy that I've seen approx half a dozen times over the last 28 years.  I was a little concerned about the format, I've never seen a rock show in a theater before.  Was it going to be good?  He always had been before.

John was INCREDIBLE!  Miriam, Mike, Andy, and the rest were just wonderful to listen to.  The "No Better Than This" CD seems a little slow, due to the method that they purposely employed to get that early sound.  In the Theater the sound was full, and I believe the clearest I have ever heard any band play.  I posted earlier that the 80's were gone and the shows, while still impressive, would never have that excitement again.  I was wrong!  If you are a true fan, not just a radio favorites, but a true fan, you will have your mind blown on how perfectly everything  was put together.  John sets up the songs so that you can understand their true feeling, he plays, belts out lyrics, dances around. 

If you are a true fan, do not miss this opportunity to turn back the hands of time and become a teenager again, if only for two hours.

There are still plenty of songs for the radio crowd, nearly half were hits, but beware, while you may want to sit to "Right Behind Me" because you don't know it, you may have someones tush in your face, dancing away.    Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: