John Mellencamp Community
March 29, 2024, 02:20:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chicago's 2nd Show!  (Read 19579 times)
susan e wagner :)
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: November 28, 2010, 10:44:08 pm »

About Saturday's show:  All I can say is WOW!! And of course, my most over-used word on this tour "AMAZING"

I can't help it....John knows how to put on a great show EVERY single time I've seen him Smiley

I've been blessed to watch the show a few times from the pit on this tour and can't get over how incredible the show is and really feel that John's band is (as most critics have already stated in the press) one of the greatest touring bands out there!! WAY TO GO Troye, Mirium, Dane, Andy, Mike, & Jon!!!!

The one thing I will say that irritates me (and from reading other fans' posts, I can see I'm not alone) are the amount of RUDE people who feel the need to yell out as soon as the show turns to a song they don't happen to care for. Some of us saved up our money for a long time to be able to afford these tickets because we are SERIOUSLY into John's music and we enjoy AND respect the music, regardless of it being a new or old song! I'm confused about the guy who was in the front row and spent almost the entire night drinking and standing with his back to the stage, just leaning up against it while he chatted to his girl through every song! Next time you're that bored, go to the back of the venue and trade with someone who deserves to be in your seat!!

ANYDOODLES Smiley

I could go on for days about the show, the music, John, the band.....EVERYthing about Saturday's performance was spectacular.  Years from now I will look back on the shows from this tour the way people look back on shows from the 50s & 60s that were put on by Johnny Cash, Bob Dylan, Elvis, etc.... to me, this tour was a little piece of America's Musical History!

The shows on this tour have all meant the planet to me Smiley

taz7676
Christine
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 05:03:43 pm »

I couldn't agree with you more! Went to both Chicago shows and had premium pit tix both nights. Ok, I understand people like a few beverages, but I want to REMEMBER the shows!
You wanna get loaded to JM music, stay home and listen to a CD!! My husband had to help prevent an altercation in the front row on Sat cuz of some drunken pair who shoved their
way to the stage and were bugging everybody who PAID for their tickets! Sure it's cool to come up and take your pictures, whatever but be polite! Don't ruin the song! Still had the best time!!

Christine B.
Little pink houses for you and me...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: