John Mellencamp Community
March 29, 2024, 07:04:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ft. Wayne In concert  (Read 11288 times)
beckjwilson
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile WWW
« on: November 20, 2010, 10:24:36 am »

My husband bought us 2nd row seats in the pit and it was awsome I have been to many of John's concerts ( about 20 over the yrs) and I have never been that close it was awsome. John is still HOT. He still can rock I loved it. I wll be talking about this for years to come. I hope I can be lucky enough to see him up close again in future concerts. I Love you John you have awsome music.I have been a fan since I was 10 yrs old so about 27 yrs. and he has always been my favorite. I have been to more Mellencamp concerts than any other artist. Keep Rockin John my son is even a fan .

Becky Wilson
kyralexis
Global Moderator
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 09:42:41 pm »

Becky- it was a fantastic show, wasn't it?!  I was there too...although we had a bit of a problem with the folks behind us and security wanting us to sit down during songs that CLEARLY needed to be danced to!  It was my 4th show this tour, and just as good a performance as the first!  John and his band do not disappoint!!
susan e wagner :)
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 10:43:53 am »

I was in the first row behind the pit (the furthest I've been from the stage so far on this tour) and it was interesting to take in the show from this different view.  Being at the foot of the stage really allows you to connect to the music and feel like every song is being sung to YOU personally. Regardless, any seat in the house is better than no seat at all!

I too had issues with the ushers constantly telling us to sit down (of all the shows I've been to, this one appeared to have way more people in the pit that weren't your typical "hard-core" fans and chose to sit for the majority of the concert, which then led to other people in the theater to sit down).  I feel it is our right to stand (as I enjoy doing so during most of the songs).  If you were on stage performing would you rather look out and see your audience standing up, dancing along to your songs or see them sitting there, barely moving in their seats?? SHOW SOME LOVE people, get up and dance!!
beckjwilson
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 01:02:51 pm »

You must stand up and DANCE your butt off it's Mellencamp !!!!!!!!! Yes being in the 2nd row so made me feel like he was just singing to me. I fell in love with John's music when I was 10 yrs old and have been a fan well lets just say many yrs. I don't want to give my true age out....lol I have been to many concerts of his and never have I been this close and it was so amazing. It was so cool just to be so close to him. That is the best way to see him but any seat in the house is better than no seat at all. I am so glad the ushers didn't tell me to sit my big butt down cause I wouldn't have that was my best concert ever of Mellencamp's oh what am I saying I say that after every concert of his!!!!!!

Becky Wilson
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: