John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 04:43:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fall Tour No Better Than This Research  (Read 171720 times)
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« on: October 27, 2010, 10:35:27 am »

With John's Fall Tour kicking off we want to check retail stores nationwide!

We have a super easy form for fans to fill out, those who file a report are eligible to be picked for an autographed CD!

It's quick, simple and easy. Please help us by looking for John's CD at your local stores! File a separate report each time to check stores over the next few weeks.

OVERVIEW & REWARDS
Our goal is to verify that the No Better Than This CD is available in the major chains and to confirm what price it is being sold for.

Our first priority are BestBuy, FYE & Borders as they should have the CD at a special price, but we would like Target, Wal-Mart, and Barnes & Nobles checked too along with any local stores/chains that are major sellers of music in your area.

The primary cities we want checked are the ones the Fall Tour is visiting, HOWEVER, we welcome reports for any city in the US.

We will select 2 submissions for each Fall Tour city to receive an autographed No Better Than This CD!

Additionally we will select 10 other submissions regardless of what city they are in to get an autographed CD! 

Click Here To File a A Report on the Survey Website

or use the form below to file your reports!

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
mitch1982
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 11:18:12 am »

Did the survey but since I'm in the 2nd leg vicinity it might not have been too helpful.  FYI, in Toronto have spotted the CD and HMV and Indigo.  Both retailing for around $16.99 Cdn.  When I purchased my copy (@HMV the second day it was out) there was only 1 copy left.
(If you need specific locations, happy to provide)
Hope this helps, Michele
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 12:29:37 pm »

Did the survey but since I'm in the 2nd leg vicinity it might not have been too helpful.  FYI, in Toronto have spotted the CD and HMV and Indigo.  Both retailing for around $16.99 Cdn.  When I purchased my copy (@HMV the second day it was out) there was only 1 copy left.
(If you need specific locations, happy to provide)
Hope this helps, Michele

EVERY store check, no matter where helps us paint a clearer picture of where it is available, where it is NOT available and what price it is being offered at!

Don't worry where you are located. We are specifically trying to make sure stores around the shows are stocked, but we want to know everywhere!

cburkehunter
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 08:16:33 am »

I live in Ottawa Canada, even though John is coming to our city in February we arent included in the survey? Whats the deal?
Cindy
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 08:34:59 am »

I live in Ottawa Canada, even though John is coming to our city in February we arent included in the survey? Whats the deal?
Cindy

Store checks are welcome from anywhere. This round, and it is a round running during the Fall 2010 tour leg, wants to give us a snapshot of this time. We want to know how the album is priced NOW and if it is available NOW in and around the markets the tour is visiting so we can do something about getting stores restocked if they have no copies. Naturally when John plays a show locally CD sales increase. Checking stores on the 2011 shows help us know if we have problems or are priced weird, but it doesn't help us with wanting to make sure there are copies on the shelves when John is in town.  It is possible the retail project will be extended for the 2011 legs, so stay tuned!

Heartlandrocker
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 03:42:29 pm »

All h.m.v stores in london stockin new album...oxford street and piccadilly hav back catologues...my local independent store has new album(bromley)...i keep naggin them 2 stock j.m's catalogue.
kimmibride
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 01:40:48 am »

He IS the Next Johnny Cash.!....he just keep on refining.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 07:26:03 am by TonyBClubManager » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: