John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 06:15:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thank You Club Cherry Bomb/Mellenheads  (Read 14351 times)
ottawa
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile WWW
« on: February 11, 2019, 12:56:45 pm »

Thank you my fellow Mellenheads and Club Cherry Bombers and I am grateful for all the kindness and thoughtfulness of our entire community. The kindness extended to me in the past from everyone has left me with a lasting hope in humanity. It is hard to imagine that 2005 and my Cancer is now 14 years ago. We have all had our own unique and connected journeys and for brief moments we were able to to share our lives together through various performances and appearances of John Mellencamp. There will always be tracks you would love to hear live once or twice but the time and place did not find you. I would have loved to have heard "Yours Forever" but I know that a single song from a movie (Perfect Storm) made in 2000 does not create high demand and if he has ever performed it live it would have been around the time it was released.

The amazing thing is how people such as you and I can become bonded by our common interest in the music of a troubadour from Indiana. I the think the fans whom I come to know are what have made going to John's shows in the past so special. I remember the Posters that we put up of that small John Painting as part of the street team and we posted pictures of them before the election in 2008 which were very cool. One of the posters I put up on an abandoned gas station stayed there for almost ten years and is only gone because they torn the gas station down. Nothing lasts forever but perhaps the faint radio waves and tv signals will travel into infinity making a small part of us to go on forever.

You will continue to be a very special group of people that will be in my heart until the day I die. As I continue with my struggles I will always be forever yours.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 11:12:32 pm by ottawa » Logged

Hello how are you?

Is anybody in there?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: