John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 10:56:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ain't Even Done With The Night - Unofficial Video Info  (Read 18664 times)
jfonte66
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: January 25, 2019, 12:30:53 pm »

On YouTube I viewed this video for Ain't Even Done With The Night which is not the "official video" for the song and John is not in the video.  This video was shot in black & white and included what appears to be bikers and their girlfriends in pool halls or just riding around what appears to be LA.  The YouTube user "thecruisers100" posted the video.

I wanted to get information about this video, did John use this video for the song at some point after he created the official video?  Where did this video come from?  Where was the video shot and who produced the video?  The video was licensed to YouTube by EMI music publishing, Sony ATV, Island Def Jam and PEDL so it is a professional video not the creation of a YouTube user.  I love the way the video works with the song, it is as if the video was created for that song.
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 02:08:27 pm »

This video is completely unofficial and has nothing to do with John other than the creator of the video used John's song as the soundtrack.

The mentions of the music publishers is created automatically when YouTube's copyright match features match copyrighted worked in a video, in this case the song. It means the song will have ads displayed before the video or beside the video and those monies flow back to the record label and music publisher and eventually in part to John.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: