John Mellencamp Community
March 29, 2024, 01:22:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kingston show - a review of sorts  (Read 6515 times)
Swell67
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2018, 11:14:24 pm »

Kingston - what a cool place for a show.
The venue was intimate, seating was comfy, the night air - humid and the people, again a wide range of ages.

The audience was on a slow burn for a while - then the crowd favourites 'Small Town' and 'Jack and Diane' ignited them and it was all 'go' after that - singing and dancing to their hearts content.

For me, 'Easy Target' was by far the standout song of the night - incredibly moving and poignant, with 'Authority Song' a very close second.

If you are here reading about the John's current tour of Canada - from one fan to the other - if you don't have a ticket yet, do yourself a favour and get one! If you are lucky there maybe be a few left here and there. The ticket prices are incredibly reasonable and the venues are intimate, so win win for you. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks for another great show John and the band.
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 11:29:28 pm »

Thanks for the review. Can you provide a complete setlist?
Swell67
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 10:56:39 am »

Happy to do so - not in order, and many reworked and super funky or artistically presented
Lawless Times
John Cocker
Minutes to Memories
Small town
Paper and Fire
Rain on the Scarecrow
Easy Target
Authority Song
Jack and Diane
Lonely Ol' Night
Full Catastrophe
Longest Days
Pink Houses
Stones in My Passway
Check It  Out
Cherry Bomb
Crumblin' Down

I would love the see Grandview thrown in there and 2 of my other favs [Sweet Love and End of the World]

My reviews are really just ramblings, unlike yours which are written with great penmanship. Smiley
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 01:28:40 pm by Swell67 » Logged
lette
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2018, 07:49:24 am »

Going to see John tonight in Oshawa can't wait BUT this set list sounds the same as the previous 3 shows i've seen him do. I won't be disappointed but have to say John has a massive amount of music to choose from and hearing do something other than Pink Houses and Jack and Diana would please me even more. My personal favourite is Jackie Brown and I have never heard him do this live.
Swell67
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2018, 07:02:38 am »

I know you wrote about the show already and glad you had a great time - it was awesome, but I thought I'd reply anyway. I guess its hard when an act has been on the scene for so long and have a vast catalogue to choose from, as John does. I'd love to hear more off Sad Clowns, as it is a 'Sad Clowns' Tour and yeah it be cool to hear Jackie Brown.

In the end, I am happy that John still tours, has a great voice and keeps his music alive with generations to come.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: