John Mellencamp Community
April 19, 2024, 04:51:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pending Senate Bills that can harm small/medium American Farms & our health  (Read 5911 times)
rgsoleary1
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2010, 03:12:35 pm »

Hi,
I'm new to the website and wanted to say "Hi" to everyone. I've been a fan of Johns since I saw him on SNL back in the late 70's/early 80's, with a bigger than life sound, a Mick Jagger swagger, but something all his own I had not seen before. His musical evolution has been great to follow. I love that he has had the guts to get political and get activist because it is right even if it's not gonna make him a boatload of money.
That's what I have tried to do with my music although at a much less famous level.
I have a big interest in alternative health stuff and love for the American farmer so these bills caught my attention. It'd be great if John and the guys could bring it up at Farm Aid this year.
Some of Bill S.510's language could wipe out some farms due to sheer expense of safety measures. These so-called "food safety" bills mean the opposite in practice; and will likely wipe out most vitamins, minerals, alternative health techniques & methods, and you won't  be able to go to a website that talks about alternative health options - they'll be outlawed. The 2nd law, S.3767, makes it criminal for farmers and health food store operators to save seeds for future planting, refuse to irradiate their food, or make any claims about the heath benefits of their product. So, when a doctor can't figure out what's wrong, you will have no alternatives and will be sent home to suffer, or die. Please let me know your thoughts & go to www.healthfreedomusa.org and take the Action Items to help stop these bills. Thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: