John Mellencamp Community
March 29, 2024, 07:23:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mellencamp Interview in Q Magazine  (Read 8283 times)
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2010, 01:45:02 pm »

Apparently there is an interview with John in this month's edition of Q Magazine (can't find the interview online), and in it John reveals more details behind "Ghost Brothers of Darkland County."

Rocker JOHN MELLENCAMP has revealed the inspiration behind his musical collaboration with horror writer STEPHEN KING - he once owned a haunted house where a grisly murder took place.

The veteran songwriter teamed up with King in 2000 to work on Ghost Brothers of Darkland County, a play about a spooky holiday home inhabited by the spectres of two brothers who killed each other there years before.

The musical is finally set to hit the stage next year (11) after a series of production delays - and Mellencamp has now told of his own ghostly encounter that inspired the story.

In an interview with Q magazine, he recalls purchasing a lakeside cabin in Indiana as a holiday home for his family but later received a series of newspaper cuttings in the mail detailing a gruesome slaying that took place at the property in the 1930s.

He says, "The place was haunted. I stayed in it for two nights, couldn't stand it. You'd hear things, s**t would move. Sounds crazy, but it's true."

Mellencamp sold the cabin when he realised he couldn't live in a haunted home, and admits he said "Not a f**king word" to the buyer about the ghostly goings-on.

Asked how fans will react to his collaboration with King, he adds: "It will either be so f**king good that you can't stand it, or the worst piece of s**t you ever saw."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/mellencamps-musical-inspired-by-haunted-home_1177638
mellenheadinohio
Global Moderator
One of the Crazy Ones...

~~ Paula

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 02:02:37 pm »

gotta love him!  that interview was "so John" lol
mellenq
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 06:17:30 am »

He has such a way with words sometimes, doesn't he?  LOL!!! Roll Eyes

only promises I know to be true, are the promises made from the heart. ~MQDU~
marianne123
Global Moderator
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 10:26:07 pm »

He has such a way with words sometimes, doesn't he?  LOL!!! Roll Eyes
We wouldn't want it any other way, would we? !

-Marianne
mellenq
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 09:53:00 am »

No, we most definately wouldn't   Tongue

only promises I know to be true, are the promises made from the heart. ~MQDU~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: