John Mellencamp Community
March 18, 2024, 11:37:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2018 ??  (Read 4498 times)
rswift
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2017, 09:53:48 am »

Has anyone heard if John will be touring in 2018??  hoping so!!!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 06:21:24 pm by rswift » Logged
Aeroplane2
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 01:14:06 pm »

I am going to repost this here from my post in "What's Next" and hope for a reply to this idea?  I would add to that Evansville, IN destination a possible revisit to Ravinia?

Hello John & Staff,

I wonder and forward a humble suggestion as I've had time to reflect on the SCAH tour where I attended in Illinois.  I know your SCAH tour was set up to appease the fans for the good ole favorites and set up attention for a few of the songs off the new album.  John if you tour even one more time, how would it be if the band and you play/perform some songs we don't know and some songs we do, only let the theme of the tour revolve around what we love about John Mellencamp and as the people are coming through the gates, use technology to tabulate the songs people miss hearing and would love to hear again live that are untypical of those played over the years or at FarmAid.  Let that be the hook that brings people to the last tour, "Yours and Mine" Tour?   Wink

Only God knows if it would be but no one is getting younger; and even though John, your band and YOU look as hot as ever, how many more tours are you really wanting to do or will do, 0?  Then how many tours would people still fill venues to see you in?  You have SO MANY albums of material that people don't typically hear unless going to their own collection or possibly YouTube, etc.  There are a s_ton of songs and every concert would be different; but your band and you did that for Live by Request in 2004 and calls never stopped but only a few got through.

It would be so awesomely wonderful to see something like that show you performed for Bloomington in 2004 performed across the country! Roll Eyes  Maybe a member or two of the old bands could even return to perform as a reunion performance even and if that were in Indiana, well I could get to that, being a fellow Hoosier!  What i would pay to see that live!

GOD bless you John, you are so loved!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: