John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 04:13:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mellencamp Newsletter: 2nd Leg of Sad Clowns & Hillbillies Tour Starts Friday!  (Read 9442 times)
sharonc
Administrator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2017, 10:34:24 am »

JOHN MELLENCAMP SAD CLOWNS & HILLBILLIES 2017 SUMMER TOUR RESUMES THIS FRIDAY  - TICKETS ON SALE NOW! 

Following the highly-successful first leg of the Sad Clowns & Hillbillies 2017 Tour, Mellencamp returns for a second round of Summer dates and will be joined by Special Guest Carlene Carter. Tickets are currently on sale for the last 12 shows, details onthe Mellencamp.com TOUR page.  Check out some of the fantastic show reviews from the first leg of the summer tour on the home and news page of the site:

JOHN MELLENCAMP SAD CLOWNS & HILLBILLIES 2017 SUMMER TOUR DATES August 04 - West Allis, WI - Wisconsin State Fair  August 05 - Davenport, IA - Mississippi Valley Fair  August 13 - Uncasville, CT - Mohegan Sun Arena  August 14 - Boston, MA - Blue Hills Bank Pavilion  August 19 - Des Moines, IA - Iowa State Fair   August 20 - Springfield, IL - Illinois State Fair  August 26 - Highland Park, IL - Ravinia Festival August 27 - Highland Park, IL - Ravinia Festival  August 29 - St Paul, MN - Minnesota State Fair  August 31 - Allentown, PA - The Great Allentown Fair  September 01 - Essex Junction, VT - Champlain Valley Fair  September 03 - Canfield, OH - Canfield Fair

JOHN'S ROCK & ROLL HALL OF FAME EXHIBIT EXTENDED THROUGH EARLY 2018   The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, located in Cleveland, OH, presents a special exhibit on the life, art and music of 2008 Inductee John Mellencamp. The exhibit, which opened November 10, 2016 in the Ahmet Ertegun Main Exhibition Hall, features over 100 items, including handwritten lyrics, guitars and paintings. “In working closely with John Mellencamp to create this exhibit, it was very clear that he embodies what rock and roll is all about – rebellion, being true to yourself, and, of course, making great music,” says Karen Herman, Vice President of Collections & Curatorial Affairs at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

“I would like this exhibit to let people know, or discover, that I really have spent my entire life living the way that I want to live, and doing what I want to do,” Mellencamp says. “And, that I consider myself the luckiest guy in the world for being able to do that.” Read the complete press release on Mellencamp.com, which  includes a list of some of the artifacts from John's personal collection contained in the exhibit. Learn more about the exhibit at RockHall.com. Watch the preview below.

The exhibit has received rave reviews from Mellencamp fans, put it on your list of must do's before the exhibit ends!

HAVE YOU CHECKED OUT JOHN'S NEWEST VIDEOS? "EASY TARGET & "GRANDVIEW" "Easy Target" is the first song released on John's new record Sad Clowns & Hillbillies and is his reflection on the state of our country. An outspoken artist, Mellencamp continues his journey to convey the truth through this passionate and plain-spoken song.

"Grandview," is a black-and-white video that showcases Mellencamp’s slick delivery with McBride’s powerhouse vocals — both dripping in heartland coolness. “Just an old country boy, wearing my Osh-Kosh boots / Walked by the trailer factory, every day on my way to school / Early on in life the only thing I wanted to do / Was to buy me a trailer and move it down to Grandview,” Mellencamp sings in the opening verse.  Download or stream "Easy Target" & "Grandview"  on all music services now, including iTunes and Spotify. 

Thank you for your continued support!! TonyB & SharonC - The Mellencamp.com Web Team - [email protected]

Aeroplane2
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 04:20:44 pm »

I have been watching John's song set for the first leg of the tour. Ths song list is great but i am wondering is he going to change up that line up any through the rest of the tour or will he continue with the canned list I've seen he and the band have played at all his tour dates so far?

I've seen interviews where John says he hates the road life and figure this may be his last tour. i would really like to hear him play some of his more Latin fusion/Caribbean rhythm type tunes like Just Another Day, Key West intermezzo, I'm Not Running Anymore, Fruit Trader or Miss Missy, especially if these are his "Days of Farewell".  John will be playing at Ravinia in Highland Park, IL.  Would there be any chance your staff could psss this request along?  Thank you and wanna say Thank You, John!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 07:14:55 pm by Aeroplane2 » Logged
Aeroplane2
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 08:09:54 am »

I guess in absence of a response to my last post, the answer is no; the line up doesn't change.  To that i will say, enjoy the tour and make it work for you John.  I will more than enjoy the show regardless of the familiar line up.   Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: