John Mellencamp Community
March 29, 2024, 08:50:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Want to be part of the CMT Crossroads Taping Feb. 24th?  (Read 7445 times)
sharonc
Administrator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2017, 05:20:42 pm »

Hey Mellencamp Fans
Do you want to be part of the CMT Crossroads taping on Friday, February 24th in Nashville? CMT was gracious to give us some tickets to the taping! Please send your name with the subject CMT Crossroads to [email protected]. Serious inquires only as we do not have that many seats.  If you are selected we will email you back with further instructions and information.
khmellencamp
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 11:30:34 am »

Who is John doing Crossroads with?
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 08:38:07 am »

Who is John doing Crossroads with?

Darius Rucker, lead singer of Hootie and the Blowfish who has a thriving career as a solo country artist.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
mellenhead95
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 08:34:50 pm »

Looking forward to seeing this one!! I can picture Darius singing some of John's songs. Pink Houses would be great! Jackie Brown would be another one.
MNorris149
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 08:29:49 am »

It was awesome! I cannot wait to see it when it airs. Darius went first and here's what they sang together:
Alright, What if I told you, Hold my Hand and Wagon Wheel.
Then it was John's turn. Most of the people there were there for Darius; there was no doubt about that! It was funny though because John took his jacket off and the girl beside me, said "he's taking his jacket off; it's about to get serious". I looked at her and smiled and said "you have no idea!".
Here's the songs by John that they did together:
Grandview, Jack & Diane, Longest Days, Pink Houses and Cherry Bomb.
I cannot wait to see what they leave in and what they take out. I can't imagine them not having all the songs because John and Darius were really good together. Grandview was smoking! John sounded really good and I can't tell you how excited I am about the new CD!

Thanks again Tony and Sharon!
Lisa Norris
Georgia
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: