John Mellencamp Community
October 21, 2017, 12:30:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I've Had A L.U.V. Of My Own  (Read 2377 times)
racketeer
reisa gerber
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2016, 06:45:32 am »

I learned this from reading about John Mellencamp himself, and I really feel happy to be celebrating my senior years with the voice of understanding from someone who is able to X-press the feelings we get as we grow older, and not just from someone in their twenties who gets paid to make you pretend you 💘
every second of your misery...lol.
And here is my creation, imagination at worst:
"I am 61 years old and I am also a senior citizen. I have earned the right to get cranky and cantankerous every once in awhile. I do not want you in my face and I will sit in this chair alone until you go..." I mean, I don't MEAN to act the vegetable, perhaps a stringbean or a head of lettuce, but "the kids" will always "carry on" until they get what they want. Okay.. ."GET THE...!" For my 💰, you hafto be real. But "don't listen to ME" is right for the
saddest compromise of the human race.
And I do not want to be bothered with pictures of cute little rock and roll sweethearts from a million years ago! Or l.u.v. ly picture paintings with beautiful
X-pressions of past l.u.v. ... We know what a feeling is and we know how to give it the dignity...yass.
But "shutup" is the only thing I know to obey  right now.
And have a good night everyone..."I've had a l.u.v. of my own"...and "good-bye" seems right 4 the moment.
Hey check out the site, right? Check out the site. 😎
racketeer

« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 04:14:59 pm by racketeer » Logged

reisa gerber
JMfaninTN
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 03:16:07 pm »

"Whenever We Wanted" was a great album. A return to the rock sound that he hadn't really done since "American Fool" and "Uh-Huh". Great rock and roll record. "Get A Leg Up" and "Again Tonight" are my favorites from that one.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: