John Mellencamp Community
March 29, 2024, 07:23:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "No Better Than This" Album  (Read 8324 times)
williehagfan1
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2016, 08:36:20 pm »

Hello Everyone! I know that this is an old topic, but I also know that John is a very busy guy. John, you're off tour now, but the Carlene Carter project i'm sure is taking up some of your time. And, knowing you, I'm sure you've got some other things in the works. But, because of the staying power of "No Better Than This", I just thought I'd bring that subject up one more time. John, this album is simply one of the greatest things you've ever done, and for that matter, one of the greatest pieces of Americana, Roots type music that anyone has ever done. I just keep going back to it when I'm in various moods. This piece of work has something that just hits me no matter how I'm feeling at the time. I thank you for doing this album, and going in the direction that you did when you made "No Better Than This". In fact, music doesn't get any better than this. Thank you, Sir!
MrSickboy50
MrSickboy50
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 10:50:51 pm »

Oooh, I'm so happy someone took the time to start a chat about this marvelous record. It's fantastic! I haven't found time to listen to it recently, sadly, but I will have to take some time out of my day to do it soon. My favorite on that album was definitely "Clumsy Ol' World", and I really wish he would play it live.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 10:52:59 pm by MrSickboy50 » Logged

I'm 19 years old and proud to be a hardcore John Mellencamp fan. - Brianna Hojnacki
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: