John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 04:45:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Going to New York City?  (Read 12969 times)
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« on: October 08, 2010, 09:17:13 am »

Tell us about it, plan a meet up, tell us what quality tickets you purchased!

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
mellenheadinohio
Global Moderator
One of the Crazy Ones...

~~ Paula

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 11:54:59 am »

3rd row pit still available almost 3 hours after presale
dolly23
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 08:43:24 am »

Paula,  are you girls headed to the Big City?
mellenheadinohio
Global Moderator
One of the Crazy Ones...

~~ Paula

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 11:57:21 am »

no dolly, not this time.  (not as of right now anyway, lol)
dolly23
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2010, 08:17:51 am »

Too bad, if I hit the lottery this weekend, you are here!
edhead
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 09:40:28 am »

i am catching Amtrak at noon today to head up to the big apple......got 3rd row pit    although I am in a bit of physical pain I am sure I will forget all about it tonight   Grin    hope to see some one around town that is going,  I'll  be sporting some Mellenwear and on the lookout for others....
graffigna
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 12:35:23 pm »

I'm 52 and been listening to JM since I Need a Lover was radio hit and seeing him Friday night at Radio City was a disappointment.

I've seen JM 5 times and one of his early 90's shows was the second best concert I've ever seen (#1 is U2 @ MSG in Oct 2001 - post 9\11 and a transcendental experience). 

JM has moved from his traditional sound to more country \ bluegrass style, and while I like most of it, his entire show - every song, was played in with this style influencing the songs.  I expected some of the new songs but he played too many of them, especially since he did not play his classic stuff in the manner they became popular.  Every song sounded like the band was playing slower than they should, with some at a painful crawl.

If he had played 25% of the shows songs (new material or old) in this country style, and the balance as they were originally recorded, I think the show would have been 4 stars and highly recommended.

I took my 14 yr old and 12 yr old kids to this and they were hugely bored, and my wife and I were underwealmed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: