John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 09:44:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Most Pathetic Mistake I Have Ever Made  (Read 5549 times)
MrSickboy50
MrSickboy50
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile WWW
« on: April 27, 2016, 02:37:55 pm »

Last night, I did probably the most horrible thing imaginable. At least, for a Mellencamp fan. I just felt like sharing this story because it was embarrassingly hilarious, and also devastating. Maybe some of you Mellenheads out there have done somehting similar? Anyways...
So, I had John Mellencamp's autograph in my hands last night and I was jamming out and listening to his songs in bed. I was smiling, having a GREAT time. I was probably the happiest girl in the world, because I had John's autograph right here in my hands, I just saw him live in concert, and he is my HERO. Well, I just happened to look over my shoulder, and I saw a bottle of my perfume on my dresser. I was tempted to put it on, so I did. Then, I started acting like a fool, spraying it around my room while listening to John's music. I was having a BLAST acting like a typical 17 year old girl- (the CD I was playing was Cuttin' Heads, in case you were wondering). Suddenly, I got the "brilliant idea" to spray the perfume on his autograph because I wanted it to smell good. (The WORST IDEA I EVER HAD IN MY LIFE). So I did in fact spray a little bit of it on the autograph. Then I took the sheets and rubbed it off a little so it would dry. What an IDIOT I am! You know what happened exactly... it faded away almost completely! I was so devastated, tears began to run down my cheeks IMMEDIATELY and I quickly grabbed a sharpie to try to write over it... but it's not the same... John, my idol and hero, gave his autograph to me an I ruined it. I didn't even have it for a year! So, I am writing him a letter and I'm telling him all about my foolishness and my genuine mistake, hoping I can have a real autograph and not one poorly traced over by me. I promised him I'd take such good care of it I'll even put it in a frame. I feel like the biggest idiot in the world... and if you've done something similar, please tell me. This was the WORST Mellenmoment I've ever had, hands down.

I'm 19 years old and proud to be a hardcore John Mellencamp fan. - Brianna Hojnacki
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: