John Mellencamp Community
August 19, 2017, 11:08:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Local Mellencamp fan club fans wanted  (Read 4293 times)
racketeer
reisa gerber
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2015, 04:36:59 pm »

For a long time after I got into John's band, I still had trouble distinguishing who was who.
When Lisa G. and Pat P. left, I started to get into Miriam S., his violinist, and although I
know the names and a little more, like who Andy York is, but the drummer and the band member who plays on that old steel bass fiddle cause me intolerable grief! You know, the
violin, the viola, the cello, and then the giant one, I guess that's the bass...
"...making music to the rhythm of his steel bass guitar,
     singing sweetly to the woman that he carries in his heart..."... you know,
that really big one that you don't lift to play...
and in "Key Largo", that little piccolo backup is so cool.
This really gets me amazed by the talent of this band...
I caught the duet in-betweens Andy and Miriam during one of the Farm Aid's concerts,
and it was just beautiful...
My work is often laced with faux pas contributions, so it could only be a question of correct
attributes...because I could just go on and on...
because
"I'm down and out in Paradise,
 I'm down and out, I'm on my knees!
 I'm down and out, in Paradise,
 Looks like the land of milk and honey done run out on me!"
I doubt it. Oughtta have a local John Mellencamp fan club, really. Thanks, Mr.Sickboy! I am soooo in the dark!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 02:42:37 pm by racketeer » Logged

reisa gerber
MrSickboy50
MrSickboy50
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 12:58:39 am »

There is no Tony York, lol, his name is Andy York and he's one of the guitarists. I get confused with names also, but I think I got it down by now. Mike Wanchic is the other guitarist, who's been with him over 30 years. After Kenny Aronoff played drums, he was replaced by Dane Clark who currently plays drums for Mellencamp. Miriam Sturm is his great violinist, and the bassist was Toby Myers but was replaced with Jon E. Gee, I think. I'm too tired to actually look all this up right now so I'm hoping that somebody else covers me up on this!

And I REALLY agree. They used to have this thing called a "Mellenfest" back in the day. It happened in 1997, 1998, and 2000. Basically folks got together in Seymour I think, and celebrated John Mellencamp. John actually showed up at the 1998 Mellenfest. It never happened again since though. I'm very sad that I wasn't able to go... well first of all, I was born in 1999 so I wasn't even alive for the first two! Second, in 2000 I was 1 year old and had no clue who he was LOL. So it would be impossible for me to have went anyways. But I really wish somebody would get together and organize it again. I fear that not enough people would attend anymore though. Just think... hardly anybody posts here on his community and is SO EASY to do. It's internet based, so it's very easy to make a simple post and talk about him. If hardly anybody is willing to go on here, what makes us think that we can successfully have a REAL LIFE club? That's just my opinion on it. I hope I'm wrong. I hope someday I can meet more Mellencamp fans. It's an awfully "lonely ol' night" over here without a good friend to talk for hours non-stop about how sexy, irresistible, and funny he is! (Hey somebody had to say it!!!) Wink
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 01:06:15 am by MrSickboy50 » Logged

I'm 18 years old and proud to be a hardcore John Mellencamp fan. - Brianna Hojnacki
MrSickboy50
MrSickboy50
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 08:35:01 pm »

No problem, oh and Troye Kinnett plays the keyboards and accordion. I always forget his freakin' name, I don't know why. Probably 'cause he's in the back a lot expect when he does the "Overture" with Miriam on this tour. His whole band has massive talent. Took me awhile to distinguish who is who myself lol. You're not in the dark, we learn new things about his band together lolol!

I'm 18 years old and proud to be a hardcore John Mellencamp fan. - Brianna Hojnacki
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: