John Mellencamp Community
March 19, 2024, 03:45:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Youngest Mellencamp Fan?  (Read 20057 times)
MrSickboy50
MrSickboy50
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile WWW
« on: April 19, 2015, 12:20:05 am »

Hello there, I'd like to have a moment to introduce myself...
Now, I don't know if people actually read these posts and group discussions, but I'll give it a try and post my stuff here anyway.

My name is Brianna and I'm a 15 year old girl who just loves John Mellencamp and his music!
I know what you're thinking. Why am I listening to John Mellencamp and not what's on the radio? Because I'm a complete old soul. You'll NEVER catch me listening to the radio!!! I'm from Detroit- the Midwest. I love old cars, big dogs, and I dress in ripped jeans and leather jackets. So I'm a bit of a tomboy, too. And that's just one reason why I love John.
I love John and his music for the same reason you probably do... his music speaks from the soul. He sings Heartland Rock, one of my absolute favorite genres. He's just so freakin' talented. When I hear his songs I feel like his songs were written about me. Sure, I have never visited Indiana before but that means nothing. Music connects people in unbelievable ways. Just think- if it weren't for John's music, you wouldn't be reading this post. You wouldn't know about me. You wouldn't know great music. This website wouldn't exist. And most importantly, you'd have no inspiration. John is one of my greatest inspirations!!! I don't know if I can imagine my life without him and his music. He has changed my life.
Now I know, all the kids and teachers at school laugh at me because I always talk about my love for John in class. I am an artist like John, and I draw pictures of him in class and always play his music. So people think I'm nuts. Oh well. His music keeps the blood pumping through my veins. My own mom thinks I'm a freak because I love him, too. But hey, somebody has to love him, right? And I always will!!!
So on June 10th, John will be in Detroit, MI, where I live. I am saving ALL my money so I can go see him!!!!! I am practically poor, I hope I can work and get all the money so I can see him... I'm afraid I'll never get to see him if I miss this show. I have never seen John Mellencamp live before. I NEED to just see him at least once. My heart is about to break if I don't get to see him. I want to hear his new songs live, too, not just the old ones. Every day I just think about this concert. All the amazing people I want to go see live always have expensive ticket prices. I'm also a diehard Bob Seger fan, but I've seen him live twice already. Now I have to see John. Hope my dream comes true... I love you John Mellencamp! Keep it goin' and rock the hell out Detroit for me, thanks!!!
Sorry for the long post, thanks for reading it all!

I'm 19 years old and proud to be a hardcore John Mellencamp fan. - Brianna Hojnacki
edhead
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 09:19:50 pm »

Hey Brianna,   very cool post.  Glad to hear someone of your age is a fan, although I have to admit it seems a bit suspicious. Most everyone around here is, well, older.  Wink Your most likely are the youngest fan, at least on this board.

He is my number one artist, and I have many favorites and go to a lot of concerts. One of the reasons I am such a big fan is I am about 10 years younger than him and his songs and lyrics have always "spoke to me"  since the 1980's. I would not think he would "speak" to a 15 year old, but if he does that is great!!!!

I have been to 2 of his shows this year, and have 3 more coming up this summer.  It is a great, great show and John is performing well and seem to be really really enjoying it (and I have seen him a few times when I thought he was not enjoying playing).  I hope, if you are as passionate as you say you are, that you find a way to go to the show.  You will enjoy it.  I am huge Bob Seger fan too, glad you saw him. I saw Bob open for Kiss back in the day!

Good luck, and I hope to hear about how much you DID enjoy it on June 11th!!

Rock on Detroit!!   Ed

Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 07:31:04 pm »

Classic rock acts have fans of all ages.  It means the music of those classic rock acts like Bob Seger, John Mellencamp, Bruce Springsteen, etc., will live on for many more years to come thanks to fans like you Brianna.

Mike
MrSickboy50
MrSickboy50
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 09:28:12 pm »

You got that right!!! Classic music is timeless music!!! I plan to teach the generations after me about how awesome and important this kind of music is!

I'm 19 years old and proud to be a hardcore John Mellencamp fan. - Brianna Hojnacki
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: