John Mellencamp Community
April 16, 2024, 05:26:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Setlist from Opening Night of the Plain Spoken Tour  (Read 9757 times)
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: January 21, 2015, 10:39:40 pm »

Setlist from the opening night of the Plain Spoken Tour in South Bend, Indiana on 1.21.15:

On stage at 8:45

1. Lawless Times
2. Troubled Man
3. Minutes to Memories
4. Small Town
5. Stones in My Passway
6. Human Wheels
7. The Isolation of Mister
8. Check it Out

Acoustic segment:
9. Longest Days
10. Jack and Diane
11. The Full Catastrophe
12. Away from This World (sung by Carlene Carter)
13. Tear This Cabin Down (duet with Carlene Carter)

Overture

Rock segment:
14. Rain on the Scarecrow
15. Paper in Fire
16. If I Die Sudden
17. Crumblin' Down
18. R.O.C.K. in the USA
19. Pink Houses
20. Cherry Bomb

Off stage at 10:25
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 07:39:57 am by walktall2010 » Logged
cge333
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 10:45:50 am »

Looks like a great set list.  A good mix of hits and songs that may not be well known (outside of the diehards) and a mix of new and old.  I am not seeing him until the CA/AZ/CO shows in July but I'd be happy if this is the same set list he plays at those shows.
sipeswoman
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 12:24:58 pm »

Brilliant concert.  The arrangements of older favorites made them flow with the overall arc and gave emphasis to the poetry inside the songs.  The band was spot on and the rhythm of moods was engaging.  6th Mellencamp concert with my 25 year old daughter- who agreed this was the finest concert either of us have been to.
Thank you band and John for a moving and rousing night celebrating the full catastrophe of life.
cherrybombfan
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 04:16:47 am »

I am really looking forward to the show in Vancouver, B.C.  I am very excited about the setlist - it is amazing!  I am hoping that "Full Catastrophe" remains on the setlist!   

John R. Turner
claire9261
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2015, 02:40:23 pm »

I agree with sipeswoman that this was one of his best shows! I seen him in Fresno on July 23. I had front row seat and it was worth every penny. Dancing the whole night as there was plenty of room to  dance with other fans!

I traveled from Boise, Idaho for this show and again worth the time and $$. Last time he played in Idaho was 1991, so I travel to CA or NV when he tours.

Come to Boise John, you and the band can stay at my place! Grin

Get a leg up!

Claire
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: