John Mellencamp Community
March 19, 2024, 03:20:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are any of the songs from ''Plain Spoken'' getting radio airplay.  (Read 18324 times)
kicker
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2014, 06:31:30 pm »

No i'm not talking top 40, modern ''country'' or teen/pop oriented radio stations LOL, but more adult contemporary and other similar formats. Just wondering how much play ''Troubled Man'' and ''Sometimes There's God'' are getting since their releases as singles, it's a real shame if people besides us hardcore fans aren't hearing these songs.
littlebastard
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 08:25:24 pm »

I haven't heard any, but I could see Outlaw Country playing them on Serius XM radio. That's a pretty good station that plays John, Dylan, James McMurtry, Ryan Bingham, John Hiatt, John Prine and all the people I like you can't hear anywhere else.

Suck it up and tough it out and be the best you can.
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 12:13:43 pm »

I haven't heard any, but I could see Outlaw Country playing them on Serius XM radio. That's a pretty good station that plays John, Dylan, James McMurtry, Ryan Bingham, John Hiatt, John Prine and all the people I like you can't hear anywhere else.

It's getting airplay, going up the Americana Charts and I have heard TM a bunch of times on Sirius XM's Spectrum.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
kicker
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 04:57:07 pm »

It's getting airplay, going up the Americana Charts and I have heard TM a bunch of times on Sirius XM's Spectrum.

Thanks for chiming in guys, all i gotta say is thank god for Americana, where would veteran artists like John, Robert Plant and so many others be without it's welcoming arms.
littlebastard
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 01:56:00 pm »

Thanks for chiming in guys, all i gotta say is thank god for Americana, where would veteran artists like John, Robert Plant and so many others be without it's welcoming arms.

It just proves that there is still a fan base and desire for music from these artists. Now XM gives the listener more of a choice, and doesn't force upon us what regular radio does.

Suck it up and tough it out and be the best you can.
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 08:45:00 pm »

I only hear John's music from back in the day (Jack And Diane, Small-town, Hurts So Good, etc.) on the classic rock station.  It's such a shame because Plain Spoken is it it's entirety, a great record. 

I'm glad to hear some of the songs from Plain Spoken are getting airplay elsewhere.

Mike
kicker
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2014, 09:02:12 pm »

Classic rock stations are even more repetitive and boring than top 40, they're useless, haven't listened to one for more than five minutes at a time for more than two decades.
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2014, 11:16:23 pm »

Yeah, the classic rock stations really don't consider new music from an established artist.  Unless it's someone like Paul McCartney or Robert Plant.  Even then, the new music doesn't receive a whole lot of air play.  I much prefer the European classic rock stations.  They are far more open to playing a very good mix of classics and new music.

Mike
geegee
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2014, 06:48:50 am »

it is true, even in my neck the woods, its the same thing over and over.  we rural folk want to hear the oldies but goodies like

country joe & the fish
elvin bishop
walter eagan
3 dog nite
poco harem
cat stevens
the band
38 special
outlaws
bad company
bread
jefferson starship
allman brothers
moody blues

the list can go on. it aint like it used to be back in my day. the thing to do was to go to someones house and listen to the vinyls. and the stereo system was always the thing. mine was the pioneer sx 350 with 12" wolfers.  and when these songs came out when the artists first wrote them, the radio station we had back then, played them. now that was playing some music  Grin
hoss13820
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2014, 06:04:40 pm »

The spectrum on Sirius  really is the best example of what classic rock stations should be. Great mix of old and new
Sk8ingMellenhead
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2015, 03:33:41 pm »

I've heard it on sirius but nothing on conventional radio, which is a shame. I love Troubled Man and Blue charlotte. The entire album is a masterpiece in my opinion, one of his best.

Sk8ingMellenhead

It's what you do and not what you say, if you're not part of the future then get out of the way.
bradsanders56
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2015, 01:46:36 pm »

Classic rock stations are even more repetitive and boring than top 40, they're useless, haven't listened to one for more than five minutes at a time for more than two decades.

Grin Grin

Thank God for Forgiveness
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: